News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Original Ford 428 connecting rods

Started by shelbydoug, January 04, 2022, 08:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I have a set of good used Ford 428 connecting rods which I am not going to use. 7 of them are marked C6AE and 1 C7AE.

Rod bolts are good. Beams are polished.

$275 or make me a reasonable offer. Paypal and shipping is on you or send me a shipping label.

PM me if interested.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Harris Speedster

Those also double as 427 std rods, don't they?
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

shelbydoug

Quote from: Harris Speedster on January 04, 2022, 08:55:30 AM
Those also double as 427 std rods, don't they?
John

John, I believe you are correct and that is the original application, 427 top and side oiler, yes. The bigger rod for that application would be the "LeMans rods", which are also used in production SCJ 428's with a special bolt for clearance. Then there is a version of that called the NASCAR rod.

The "lemans rods" are the 7,000rpm rods which ironically the valve springs of the time were not capable of exceeding. So really the 427hp's had all sorts of contradictions built into them.

These came out of a running 428.

Usually what you do with these is change out the original rod bolts, polish the beams to take casting flash off, which was done here, then blast them, shot peen them and refinish the big ends to make sure they are still round.

It's a general all round good use rod.  This is a decent set.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!