Author Topic: NOS fog light? C8ZZ 15200 D Lucas later service part?  (Read 2211 times)

Rukiddin

• View Profile
NOS fog light? C8ZZ 15200 D Lucas later service part?
« on: January 04, 2022, 04:40:02 PM »
I am no expert on Lucas lights and have had this for years but went with Marchal lights on my ‘68. Ford shows this number for 68 69 70. Marked Lucas,etc just looks different.
What is application? Thanks for any help.

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: NOS fog light? C8ZZ 15200 D Lucas later service part?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 04:59:11 PM »
Ford MPC calls for GT/CS or 68/70 Shelby.  The lens/housing wouldn't be correct for a '68.  Others would have to weight in on 69/70 application.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 05:05:18 PM »
And 1968 XR7-G Cougar.

But those style of lights weren't what was used.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 05:30:24 PM »
Those are not correct for any year 68-70 Shelby.  Housing and mounting are wrong, plus the lenses are wrong. 
I am dismayed how that version of Lucas ended up in the Ford service parts program.  I would be so ticked off to open your box only to find those! 

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 06:26:55 AM »
I am dismayed how that version of Lucas ended up in the Ford service parts program.  I would be so ticked off to open your box only to find those!
Talk about box shock! A few years back I bought a box of the C8ZZ lamps in the service recall campaign stamp on the box expecting to find the Lucas lamps inside.  To my surprise when I opened it was the pair of Marchal fog lamp they had taken off and replaced.  Basically new old stock takeoffs so at the end of the day it was a pretty good buy

martyjac

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 06:51:40 AM »
These were called Square 8 Plus and were made in Italy. The originals were Square 8’s made in England with at least 3 different versions I believe. Unfortunately Ford never changed the part number though. I needed one back in 1979 and this is what Ford was supplying by then.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:45:48 AM by martyjac »

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 09:16:59 AM »
Thank you for all that replied! I plan on listing for sale,but needed to be able to list accurately. I wish I had two  8)

I am sure there are more out there and someone wants a spare or a match for the one they have! I am not interested in buying any though ;)
Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 09:20:02 AM by Rukiddin »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 02:29:18 PM »
Talk about box shock! A few years back I bought a box of the C8ZZ lamps in the service recall campaign stamp on the box expecting to find the Lucas lamps inside.  To my surprise when I opened it was the pair of Marchal fog lamp they had taken off and replaced.  Basically new old stock takeoffs so at the end of the day it was a pretty good buy
That is a all too common story that I hear tell of and have experienced first hand over the years of finding the take off in the new replacement box .In Tim's case it was OK given the new take off part replaced  Unfortunately not so for most.  Also interestingly enough many parts new in the box parts that were found to be defective were placed back in the box and on the shelf were mainly electrical type items . They didn't get sent back for some reason and ended up in the hands of parts pickers cleaning out shelves. It is hard to tell sometimes of if the defective electrical part is bad until it is tried to be put back into service.  It can be hard to convince someone trying to sell a part that is supposed to be NOS (typically on ebay) that it is the takeoff put back into the new box.  They can't believe their lying eyes and the new box is what they go by and you can not convince them otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 02:32:12 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 06:50:34 PM »
A friend bid on a lot of 427 NOS blocks when Ford was getting rid of them in 1979. He and another friend won the bid for some 53 NOS 427 blocks. The auction was sealed bid, with the parts FOB Fred Jones distribution center here in Tulsa.

As it turned out a lot of them had issues with the assembly or machine work and had been returned to Ford dealers across the country. While they were all fixable, and he was not too upset since the bid was just $200 each, they were not truly as advertised.

As you related it pays to examine so - called "NOS" parts carefully.

That is a all too common story that I hear tell of and have experienced first hand over the years of finding the take off in the new replacement box .In Tim's case it was OK given the new take off part replaced  Unfortunately not so for most.  Also interestingly enough many parts new in the box parts that were found to be defective were placed back in the box and on the shelf were mainly electrical type items . They didn't get sent back for some reason and ended up in the hands of parts pickers cleaning out shelves. It is hard to tell sometimes of if the defective electrical part is bad until it is tried to be put back into service.  It can be hard to convince someone trying to sell a part that is supposed to be NOS (typically on ebay) that it is the takeoff put back into the new box.  They can't believe their lying eyes and the new box is what they go by and you can not convince them otherwise.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 09:41:44 PM »
As it turned out a lot of them had issues .... they were not truly as advertised.

As you related it pays to examine so - called "NOS" parts carefully.

They seem to have been NOS but defective. Probably sent to the dealer as parts - dealer found problem and sent it back.

I have the lights off my sister's GT/CS they have long mounting posts.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 09:10:25 AM »
Calif. Special Lucas lights mount differently (as shown) than Shelby, although the lights themselves are the same.