News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Kill switch in new cars?

Started by deathsled, January 07, 2022, 01:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

trotrof1

Sounds like a great opportunity for the software geeks to sell a PCM reflash.

FL SAAC

This has been happening already for years, we have been monitored and they can track or disable our modern cars at will. This is not a new thing.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

To add :

It was worth the trouble when Mason showed me my data. There on a map was the precise location where I'd driven to take apart the Chevy. There were my other destinations, like the hardware store I'd stopped at to buy some tape.

Among the trove of data points were unique identifiers for my and Doug's phones, and a detailed log of phone calls from the previous week. There was a long list of contacts, right down to people's address, emails and even photos.

For a broader view, Mason also extracted the data from a Chevrolet infotainment computer that I bought used on eBay for $375. It contained enough data to reconstruct the Upstate New York travels and relationships of a total stranger. We know he or she frequently called someone listed as "Sweetie," whose photo we also have. We could see the exact Gulf station where they bought gas, the restaurant where they ate (called Taste China) and the unique identifiers for their Samsung Galaxy Note phones.

Infotainment systems can collect even more. Mason has hacked into Fords that record locations once every few minutes, even when you don't use the navigation system. He's seen German cars with 300-gigabyte hard drives — five times as much as a basic iPhone 11. The Tesla Model 3 can collect video snippets from the car's many cameras. Coming next: face data, used to personalize the vehicle and track driver attention.

Driving surveillance: What does your car know about you? We hacked a 2017 Chevy to find out. - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/12/17/what-does-your-car-know-about-you-we-hacked-chevy-find-out/
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Upstate NY, I hope they went to the wineries, and breweries! That is the only thing I miss! Well there is a little race track also.....

I don't think "Cornpop" came up with it, I think the Patriot Act helped get the ball rolling, but what we got in office since the mid-term back few years ago helped finish US off.

I think if you want to go undetected, you must buy a 1994 and older vehicle, and get rid of the cell phone. Wait for 5G, that will really do the trick!
RARE  Signature Delete

Motorcycle.Then you don't exist....

deathsled

Quote from: 557 on January 07, 2022, 12:32:59 PM
Motorcycle.Then you don't exist....
Lol!  Further, you can't even be caught should you decide to run. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"