News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

“...the first 1968 Shelby”

Started by Coralsnake, January 13, 2022, 02:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

First why do you apologize if you are speaking the truth?

Second I call shenanigans- it was a three car reunion then a phantom vehicle appears in the middle of the night

Third have you noticed new members or new names showing up on the forum conveniently expressing information that only an "expert" or someone with lots of research would only know or possibly fabricate.

Hmmmm how convenient

Where have these new members (or new names) have been all these years?

Signing off, a farm boy from miyama

Quote from: 67411F--0100-ENG. on January 13, 2022, 11:44:56 PM
"First V738-2 in September 1966 and then the other three - 100, 131, and 139 three months later in December 1966.  All four of these GT500s were at the French Lick Shelby show this past October for a historic reunion."

Alright time to air some grievances.  Pete, I apologize to you up front for this being on a thread that you started. 

1. V738-2 was made 2 months before 0100, not three.  The SAI completion date (12/07/66) in the registry is not accurate.  That date is a moved to finished inventory accounting date and is not 0100's actual SAI completion date.  0100's SAI completion date is presently unknown, but I have researched and provided adequate photographic evidence that supports 0100 having a SAI completion date in November, and that it could possibly be as early as November 10th.

2. As supported by the official event t-shirt and poster, the Indiana SAAC Fall Classic featured a three car reunion, not four.  The owners of 0100, 0131, and 0139 conferred back and forth for more than two years juggling schedules and priorities trying to arrange a public reunion of these three true sister cars.  Indiana SAAC was instrumental in making this happen by specifically inviting the three cars and making them the headliners of the 2021 Fall Classic.

3. You just had to interject your car into mix even though it was not invited, and you did this without the courtesy/decency of contacting the owners of the other three cars.  You also tried to keep things under the radar by entering your car as a '67 Mustang so as not to draw any attention until it was too late for anyone to object without ruining the public reunion of the three sister cars.

4. The four car photo that you posted, and any others that are out there, were taken after the show and without the blessing/consent of the owners or representatives of 0100, 0131, and 0139.  How late on Friday night, or early on Saturday morning were you and your buddies sneaking around to move your car and take photos when the other car's owners were not present?

Eric   
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 14, 2022, 09:04:52 AM
I am just wondering why you guys didn't invite the other 1967 Shelby that was built with 1968 fiberglass?

Maybe I will save that for the next website update...

Hello Pete,

With all due respect, car 0463 is not a sister to these three cars and thus there was no need for it to be there.  The three cars were "born" together as '67s, and that is what the reunion was about.

Best regards,
Eric 

Coralsnake

I am not talking about 463....there is another 1967 car sent to AO Smith in July 67 and converted to have 1968 features

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 14, 2022, 11:45:31 AM
I am not talking about 463....there is another 1967 car sent to AO Smith in July 67 and converted to a 1968

Hello Pete,

That is news to me.  Which car are you referring to?

Best regards,
Eric