Author Topic: Correct Heater Hose  (Read 1407 times)

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Correct Heater Hose
« on: January 20, 2022, 03:13:28 PM »
I want to buy the correct heater hose for my car.  It is a 1968 GT350, February 12, 4 speed, no A/C car.  Looking at NPD they have a few "Concourse" offerings.  Some have red stripes and some have on hose with yellow stripes and one with white stripes.

What would be correct for my car?

Thank you,

Corey

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Correct Heater Hose
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 03:38:24 PM »
I want to buy the correct heater hose for my car.  It is a 1968 GT350, February 12, 4 speed, no A/C car.  Looking at NPD they have a few "Concourse" offerings.  Some have red stripes and some have on hose with yellow stripes and one with white stripes.

What would be correct for my car?

Thank you,

Corey
The correct one for your car would most typically be the red segmented stripe with the date code in-between the sections  . The solid stripe was typically for the earlier year cars.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Krelboyne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 04:18:00 PM »
Thanks Bob, the confusion originates on the Marti Auto parts website.
Kevin Marti makes most of the available repro stamped Ford heater and radiator hoses.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 04:24:55 PM »
Thank you Bob!

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 04:31:04 PM »
Thanks Bob, the confusion originates on the Marti Auto parts website.
Kevin Marti makes most of the available repro stamped Ford heater and radiator hoses.
I just looked at the website. Knowing Kevin there is typically back up documentation to support why he does anything. Maybe strictly by what the Ford engineering drawings indicate. For 68 and 69 I have typically only seen the red segmented hose. At least as it applies to Metuchen 68 and Dearborn 69/70 Shelby's . I posted a picture of original examples .Expect push back if using something that is not typical.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 05:07:35 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 10:35:27 AM »
2 different versions of red stripe. Corey’s would be earlier. Solid white stripe also mixed in on cars through early February