Author Topic: SAAC47 Host Hotel  (Read 2154 times)

SAM83

• View Profile
SAAC47 Host Hotel
« on: March 18, 2022, 11:58:06 AM »
Followed link provided to club members in email for SAAC Host hotel (Wyndham) reservations.  Guess I waited too long and the block of rooms SAAC reserved have been filled up.  If someone knows otherwise please let me know.  Kinda remember some mess up by host hotel for Sonoma event where it was thought all rooms had been booked but really weren't. 

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
Re: SAAC47 Host Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 05:31:11 PM »
I've had better luck calling the hotels directly.
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 12:54:30 AM »
We should have details within the week on a secondary hotel with special rates.

427Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 06:10:01 AM »
I am staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites, in the nice upscale area of Brownsburg, just 10 minutes straight west of the Speedway. Really nice hotel, clean safe area, lots of restaurants within walking distance, and they cater to the car crowd. Host hotel is not in a good area, right on the borderline of some of the worst areas of Indianapolis, and not even to talk about the traffic, due to the airport. Good luck!

SAM83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 11:07:21 AM »
We should have details within the week on a secondary hotel with special rates.

Thanks for the heads up!  Will be my first convention outside of CA so am excited about seeing something different. 

Last time was at Indy was in Aug '71 and Mark Donahue was going around the track. Not sure if they were testing tires or what the reason was.

SAM83

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 11:12:00 AM »
I am staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites, in the nice upscale area of Brownsburg, just 10 minutes straight west of the Speedway. Really nice hotel, clean safe area, lots of restaurants within walking distance, and they cater to the car crowd. Host hotel is not in a good area, right on the borderline of some of the worst areas of Indianapolis, and not even to talk about the traffic, due to the airport. Good luck!

More good info. Am not familiar with Indianapolis so is nice to know where the safe places are

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 01:02:07 PM »
Sometimes if you are a rewards member of the hotel they will give you the special rate even though the block is sold out. Call and ask.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless