News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Fan spacer for a 66 GT350

Started by Greg, May 11, 2018, 02:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Does anyone have a good one that isn't pitted they are willing to sale, please PM me.   Thanks....

Greg
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Brant

Quote from: Greg on May 11, 2018, 02:24:14 PM
Does anyone have a good one that isn't pitted they are willing to sale, please PM me.   Thanks....

Greg

Lots of work was put in to these to them darn close.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-66-289-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-FAN-SPACER-WITH-CORRECT-FOMOCO-LOGO-P58907.aspx

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Greg

Thanks Brant, I would like find an original if possible but I may have to go that route if no one has a good one. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

sfm5s081

funny, I run a 66 Virginia Mustang one on my 65. 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: sfm5s081 on May 11, 2018, 05:59:54 PM
Nothing wrong with it IMO . I have a original and the repro on display engines and the only way you can tell is that the original is a little more distressed in comparison in my case.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Dan Case

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 11, 2018, 08:55:35 PM
Nothing wrong with it IMO . I have a original and the repro on display engines and the only way you can tell is that the original is a little more distressed in comparison in my case.

At least some originals were made in a magnesium alloy and were subject to significant corrosion in wet or wet and salty locations.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Dan Case on May 12, 2018, 03:35:42 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 11, 2018, 08:55:35 PM

At least some originals were made in a magnesium alloy and were subject to significant corrosion in wet or wet and salty locations.
I have one in magnesium also . It is darker and a little lighter. At least I have always thought it was magnesium . Let me get my torch out and double check ;) :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby