News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65/66 sway bar appearance

Started by Bob Gaines, February 20, 2022, 10:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

I agree that they came both ways painted and unpainted and consequently do not deduct for painted as I said in my first post although I feel the unpainted is the more typical over all. That is just me from what I have seen over the years.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 23, 2022, 06:51:03 PM
I agree that they came both ways painted and unpainted and consequently do not deduct for painted as I said in my first post although I feel the unpainted is the more typical over all. That is just me from what I have seen over the years.

Ok, seems we've come full circle then and are in agreement.  I didn't see the edit to the original post and took it to mean that you thought they should all be natural. 

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: CharlesTurner on February 23, 2022, 09:28:07 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 23, 2022, 06:51:03 PM

Ok, seems we've come full circle then and are in agreement.  I didn't see the edit to the original post and took it to mean that you thought they should all be natural.
Sorry if you thought I meant never painted. There was no need for a edit. I said "typically " .  Typically doesn't mean all. Another word for it is commonly . If it were meant to be "all" then the comment about not deducting if painted would not be there. It might be more common for early bars to be painted and not later versions.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

The dark coloration is likely on the bars with the forged ( mickey mouse ears) ends because of heat treatment after bending and "hammering" the ends. This also explains the rougher surface texture on unpainted bars. Just My Personal Opinion.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TLea

Quote from: CharlesTurner on February 22, 2022, 08:18:30 AM
    And the whole point of posting that is to show that there appears to be a shine to the bars, like they were painted.
Thank you