News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Carburetors

Started by sfm6s1506, February 10, 2022, 09:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfm6s1506

I found this setup and was seeking any info to identify.

gt350hr

Nice '65 era "Cobra 3 2V induction " kit sold over the counter at your Ford Dealer. looks complete.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

sfm6s1506

How much would u think its worth or should I pay for it?

Drew Pojedinec

Stampings are weird and bowls don't look correct. Examine very closely.

Current Value?
$1500-$2000 IF all correct.

Sadly 3x2 parts like correct bowls are very hard to find, so act accordingly.

TA Coupe

Drew, I think the question for him should be proximately how much would you charge to make that system work correctly because I doubt he is looking for anything concourse.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

sfm6s1506

I purchased the set up. In wonderful condition. He pulled them off of a 65 or 66 GT 350 back in 1968. He was a mechanic at local Ford Dealership. The owner of the Shelby was the son of the owner of the dealership. He was given the setup by the owner. Kept all these years . He did have them on his 1940 Ford hot rod for a short period.

Bigfoot

^^
Could you share with us the cost so we can all learn from this thread?
Thnx
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

sfm6s1506

Why sure bigfoot. I paid 900.00. Up in the air about installing these or a paxton.  Any thoughts?

Drew Pojedinec

Quote from: TA Coupe on February 10, 2022, 06:32:54 PM
Drew, I think the question for him should be proximately how much would you charge to make that system work correctly because I doubt he is looking for anything concourse.

Roy

Eh. I don't really advertise like that.
People know who I am, if that was the question, I assume he'd have messaged me privately. I gave the price above as what the going rate seems to be.
$900 for that setup is smoking. I'd buy 25 of those setups tomorrow for $900 each.

Great score!  They run really well. If those are in working order, I'd just run them.

To the next question. Run these or a Paxton. Honestly, two separate worlds. The real magic of these 3x2 setups are the visual appeal, and oddly enough the economy and torque benefits. I'd prefer three tiny 2v carbs over a single 750 anyday.
My carb mentor drove and still drives a 289 3x2 setup in his daily driver 64 Ranchero just for these reasons.

Drew Pojedinec

On an unrelated note.... If you do go Paxton and do not use these, I literally have a dozen customers nagging me about these setups and frankly, I don't find enough of them.
Let me know and I'd be happy to put you in touch with them.

KR Convertible

Maybe fab up a custom 3X2 Paxton bonnet!