News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

October 1966 HERTZ Photo!

Started by SFM66H, February 11, 2022, 12:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM66H

My friend Mitch just emailed this never-before-seen (by me) HERTZ photo! The fact that it is dated in 1966 is just off the charts cool!!

I have no details or information on this photo (I'm sure he would have included it if he had any) but I'll be reconnecting with him anyway to see if he at least remembers where he found it...

In the meantime, enjoy:

1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

deathsled

You can tell these cars were well respected even when new. Look at him pointing at the G.T. 350H decal.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Must have had more then a few miles on it given it already had factory tires replaced. Who knows how many sets . You were lucky to get 15,000 miles on a set of the bias ply tires ,10 or less if you did a lot of spirited driving.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

Bob ,
      Those sure look like 6.95x 14 Blue Streaks  to my old eyes. What makes them replacements?
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

J_Speegle

+1 Appears to possibly be the small letter Blue Streak visible on at least the rear tire at about 10 o'clock

Thanks for sharing
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on February 11, 2022, 01:48:21 PM
    Bob ,
      Those sure look like 6.95x 14 Blue Streaks  to my old eyes. What makes them replacements?
It was just my old eyes . I had to blow the picture up to see the dirty "blue streak" print .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

JWH

"Off the charts cool," is right! Thanks for posting.

GT350Lad

Great pic, thanks for posting. Knowing what number car it was would be truly off the charts!

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Britton

Neat photo!

Anyone else notice the fender to door gap?
1967 GT350 #2645

J_Speegle

Quote from: Britton on February 11, 2022, 07:28:45 PM

Looks pretty even front to rear. Angle, black and white photo and contrast might suggest they are wider than in real life

Of course for all we know the car could have already been involved in a fender bender and repaired. Not likely but there is always the chance
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

pchmotoho

Glad Mitch is still with us.  Thank him for his service. Oh yea, great pic. 

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 11, 2022, 01:19:33 PM
Must have had more then a few miles on it given it already had factory tires replaced. Who knows how many sets . You were lucky to get 15,000 miles on a set of the bias ply tires ,10 or less if you did a lot of spirited driving.
Far fewer on the right rear of a rental car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

SFM66H

Quote from: Britton on February 11, 2022, 07:28:45 PM
Neat photo!

I sure did. It was one of the first things that caught my eye...
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976