Author Topic: 0F02R482841 on BAT  (Read 3886 times)

paparazzi

• SAAC Member
  • Trying To Learn
    • View Profile
Re: 0F02R482841 on BAT
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 09:58:38 AM »
Just my 1 cents worth in regards to BAT comments. I currently have a post on the "Cars Wanted" and really looking for a 67 and a 69 for my collection, however the right 70 would work. I saw nothing in the comments that scared me away from this car. I just couldn't figure out how to fit it into what I am trying to accomplish and I have located a car 500 miles away that I am working on. In regards to comments from non buyers, I would be more suspicious of buyers trying to hold prices down rather than non buyers. They are the ones with more to gain.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2022, 10:15:17 AM »
Just my 1 cents worth in regards to BAT comments. I currently have a post on the "Cars Wanted" and really looking for a 67 and a 69 for my collection, however the right 70 would work. I saw nothing in the comments that scared me away from this car. I just couldn't figure out how to fit it into what I am trying to accomplish and I have located a car 500 miles away that I am working on. In regards to comments from non buyers, I would be more suspicious of buyers trying to hold prices down rather than non buyers. They are the ones with more to gain.
good point on buyers or their "friends" posting to help them. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2022, 10:24:27 AM »

Yes, guess it's something I hadn't really put much consideration into either... I often wonder if some of the commenters are hard of seeing or are just really that clueless when it comes to condition.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 11:10:26 AM »

Yes, guess it's something I hadn't really put much consideration into either... I often wonder if some of the commenters are hard of seeing or are just really that clueless when it comes to condition.
Did you notice only 83 comments? 20 after the auction ended. Not much interest in the car. Ended on a holiday. Winter break and here in Mi a lot with kids out of town for it. Jan auctions hangover is done. Automatic car without a SCJ in it. red interior showing through on some parts. Pretty solid car to work with as a starting point. Many times questions are asked behind the scenes by the bidders. No mention if it had the correct SCJ trans in it.  Some of the "clueless" could be friends of the seller pumping a car up. Gary
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:12:45 AM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2022, 05:24:29 PM »
Correct SCJ trans? Is that different than the CJ trans?

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2022, 05:52:08 PM »
According to Mike Berardi there is. Do you know who Mike is? He says they have a different tag on them. He owns 2 69 sister SCJ coupes. He has had the race car one and just bought the other street car on BaT.  Ordered together and delivered together to the dealer. Mike owns a "few" cars and is a retired Ford "worker". He does a lot of his own restos to some degree. https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2020/04/berardi-s-garage-tour.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:54:07 PM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2022, 07:22:26 PM »
With regards to the comments thinking this example was worth much, much more.......

Should that be the case, why did it meet the seller's reserve......?   Apparently he thought the last bid was fair.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2022, 07:31:04 PM »
According to Mike Berardi there is. Do you know who Mike is? He says they have a different tag on them. He owns 2 69 sister SCJ coupes. He has had the race car one and just bought the other street car on BaT.  Ordered together and delivered together to the dealer. Mike owns a "few" cars and is a retired Ford "worker". He does a lot of his own restos to some degree. https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2020/04/berardi-s-garage-tour.html

Señor Mike has a tremendous collection !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2022, 09:09:57 PM »
Nothing different on SCJ trans from CJ (flywheel and W code reducer not part of trans.  Your friend is misinformed. Seems to be a pattern with your friends

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2022, 06:09:57 AM »
Nothing different on SCJ trans from CJ (flywheel and W code reducer not part of trans.  Your friend is misinformed. Seems to be a pattern with your friends
According to Mike the trans tag is different. I have no reason to think the auto in a SCJ is different than an auto in a CJ. Could be because it got a gear reducer? I sure don't know. But Mike is a sharp guy owning more than a hundred cars and some pretty rare ones. Retired director at Ford. Mike also tracks a couple of late model Mustangs at various events so he "gets his hands dirty". You continue to throw digs at me. It is sad. Many here are seeing it and have commented to me in PMs. Maybe you are so wrapped up in your little clique you think the majority of forum members think you are funny? You are mistaken. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2022, 06:12:58 AM »
With regards to the comments thinking this example was worth much, much more.......

Should that be the case, why did it meet the seller's reserve......?   Apparently he thought the last bid was fair.
+1  2 of my friends who I thought were players one is waiting on another car he wants to purchase and the other said he was taking a step back right now due to world events. He is a one car buyer-not adding to a collection but wants a Shelby. "comments" on that car didn't hold anyone back. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2022, 06:35:00 AM »
No Gary I’m not throwing digs at you I’m just showing you how dangerous your commenting and posting to be. If you post for example that it has the wrong transmission you essentially degrade the value of the car at the auction site with little and uninformed information.
You also continue to have uninformed information with your personal opinions about what I am trying to achieve or what other people think. I am not a name dropper like you although I know more than one person has reached out to you personally telling you that a lot of people on this forum feel similar towards your posting. I have experienced the same of people that contact me but I digress because it’s not about personal it’s about honesty knowledge and integrity. So I will not pile on you as you seem to like to do.
I suggest this point you let it go and back off as I’m not interested in getting down in the gutter were you seem to like to play.

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2022, 07:05:40 AM »
Why was this thread closed, it was a lack of one of the two below:

Either it's a lack of the following:

Civility
1: Merriam Webster defines civility as civilized conduct or a polite act or expression.

Courtesy
1 : the quality or state of being respectful and considerate of others
2 : a polite or generous act or expression
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0