News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT 350, November build ,,,, looking for parking cable info

Started by bobboss351, February 23, 2022, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobboss351

Are there any paint identifiers on the cables it self ? the floor pan side  End of the cable Blue ???  The backing plate spring that snaps into the backing plate and the return spring that connects to the secondary brake shoe?
btw,, still have not resolved the glass issue yet,,,,,, lol, he can drive it with out .... LOL
RJ RESTORATIONS
Robert Wilson
701 FIRST ST
SUITE B
FARMINGTON ,MN
bobboss351@gmail.com

J_Speegle

The outer jacket as mentioned typically had a blue or blue-gray paint coating (brushed all the way around) at the metal end that sat in the receiver that was welded to the sides of the driveline tunnel. The fixture with the fingers that snapped into and held the cable in the backing plate was typically yellow completely.

Of course make sure every other detail (non- paint mark related) is exact and correct before you worry about the paint daubs and markings since no amount of the marks will make up for an incorrect part to begin with ;)

Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

bobboss351

thank you Jeff,,
Yes, i cannot agree more, I appericate you taking the time to reply back. I understand what you are talking about , I cannot agree more with you sir.  this is a great car and the parts are correct, I just want to do the very best I can ,,,  , I always appericate your wealth of knowledge , the pictures are huge,, Bob Wilson,,,   
RJ RESTORATIONS
Robert Wilson
701 FIRST ST
SUITE B
FARMINGTON ,MN
bobboss351@gmail.com