Author Topic: It's Official! The 2022 SAAC Carolinas Spring Event is on!  (Read 2295 times)

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
It's Official! The 2022 SAAC Carolinas Spring Event is on!
« on: February 28, 2022, 12:15:09 AM »
:) :) :) :) :) :) SAAC Carolinas Spring Event  :) :) :) :) :) :)

New Spring 2022 SAAC Carolinas Event!!!

Gas prices are up, masks are off and Putin is invading the Ukraine, it must be time for another SAAC Carolinas Spring Event.  You are officially invited to attend the upcoming SAAC Carolinas Spring Event on Saturday, May 21st, 2022, at the Hickory Regional Airport, in Hickory, NC.  Like last year, we will be parking member's cars amongst the vintage military airplanes that reside at the museum, and it makes for amazing photo opportunities. 

http://www.hickoryaviationmuseum.org

They have a fabulous museum that is open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and we'd like to get as many cars in and parked amongst the planes as early as possible, so plan to be there between 9:00-9:30am.  There are plenty of trailer parking spaces located in the airport parking lot for those who may need them. 

As for lunch, there is a short order cafe at the museum, and the food is quite good which I can attest to.  There is plenty of room to sit inside and eat, plus there are three picnic tables outside by the planes and around your cars.  There are also plenty of restrooms inside the terminal including ones that are handicap accessible. 

If anyone is thinking of staying overnight, there is a Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, both located about 15 minutes from the airport on I-40.  From there, you can easily drive to the event in your car. 

I plan to bring my growing collection of Shelby/Ford memorabilia, and we might even have another round of our famous SAAC Carolinas Trivia, so bring your thinking caps.   Please RSVP if possible.  We look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,

Brian                                              Denny
SAAC Carolinas North                       SAAC Carolinas South

« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 12:35:37 AM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: It's Official! The 2022 SAAC Carolinas Spring Event is on!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 10:02:52 AM »
Thanks for posting, Brian! Shared with the South Carolina folks this morning, Denny

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 10:20:49 AM »
Thanks for posting, Brian! Shared with the South Carolina folks this morning, Denny

Sounds great Denny!

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Stryker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 05:44:07 AM »
Plan on being there. Great time last year
2007 GT500 2.8 Kenne Bell approx. 700rwhp