News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bullitt remake

Started by 68krrrr, February 28, 2022, 01:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68krrrr

Well i guess it's that time & Hollywood is bored or out of new idea's ,Steven Spielberg is remaking Bullitt so at least it's in good hands ,but should some things just be left alone ,i mean why mess with perfection.

https://www.motor1.com/news/570123/new-bullitt-film-steven-spielberg/
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

JD

Hope it's not the "Electric Pony" !
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

Quote from: JD on February 28, 2022, 01:17:26 AM
Hope it's not the "Electric Pony" !

...or another "Eleanor" ? ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

propayne

As per the article -

To clarify, Deadline Hollywood reports that the new Bullitt movie won't be a remake of the original 1968 film. Instead, it will be an original story centered on Frank Bullitt, the main protagonist played by Steve McQueen.

Could be very cool with Damian Lewis - see "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood"

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

Quote from: propayne on February 28, 2022, 09:03:01 AM
As per the article -

To clarify, Deadline Hollywood reports that the new Bullitt movie won't be a remake of the original 1968 film. Instead, it will be an original story centered on Frank Bullitt, the main protagonist played by Steve McQueen.

Could be very cool with Damian Lewis - see "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood"

- Phillip

BORING!  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

rhjanes

I wonder who they will cast and also about the writing.  McQueen cut out many of his lines and gave them to his fellow actors.  See the scenes where he and Don Gordon interact as cops.  Don has lots of lines.  McQueen wanted Bullitt to be the strong/silent type.   So to stick with that characterization, they need sparse dialog from Bullitt and then an actor who can pull it off with minimal words.
But then it's Hollyweird and they will do like Ford did and just use the name (Mustang....) and CGI the rest.   
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

98SVT - was 06GT

I hate to disappoint you guys but Bullitt II will be staring Mustang II.

This news is coming at a bad time. I was just looking at the 2019 Bullitt prices yesterday to see if I wanted to add one to the stable.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on February 28, 2022, 11:31:25 AM
I hate to disappoint you guys but Bullitt II will be staring Mustang II.

This news is coming at a bad time. I was just looking at the 2019 Bullitt prices yesterday to see if I wanted to add one to the stable.
.    Not sure if that front spoiler will hold up on the "streets of San Francisco "...... ;)

stephen_becker

The movie sucked - it was long, boring, drawn-out and with the exception of the chases really was a loser of a flick.

IMHO

67 GT350

Mustang II
Boredom 0

Not a bad looking car. As long as they stay away from the FOX body car, now that's a UGLY car.
RARE  Signature Delete

68countrysedan

Here we go again with a classic film remake which never match the original. Remakes of McQueen's Thomas Crown Affair and Spielberg's current bomb, West Side Story come to mind. 

As for utilizing an original story what shall it be? Bullitt involved in sex trafficking while reconnecting with his first divorced wife? Or will it involve revenge for his partner killed by a secret cabal of crooked cops? And how will he be "more" cool?

And the elephant in the theater (or streaming) is the car chase, a classic unequaled in over half a century. Is Spielberg thinking one with a few Dukes of Hazzard car jumps will be the way to go?

IMHO Spielberg doesn't have the cops and robbers story instinct like Michael Mann. Think Heat and Collateral.

PS: Per IMDB, Mann is in pre-production for the film Enzo Ferrari. Heaven help us if it turns out to be Ford v Ferrari with an Italian accent.

PPS: In the It's a Small World Afterall department, Mann was Ford v Ferrari executive producer

tesgt350

Keep in mind, Hollywood is now WOKE.      Bullitt will be a Black Trans now.

rhjanes

There were lots of great car chases filmed in the late 1960's and early 1970's.  The French Connection, Vanishing Point and a few others.  Look up Bill Hickman to see a common thread. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

tesgt350

Quote from: rhjanes on February 28, 2022, 01:22:57 PM
There were lots of great car chases filmed in the late 1960's and early 1970's.  The French Connection, Vanishing Point and a few others.  Look up Bill Hickman to see a common thread.
1974 Gone in 60 Seconds was the best.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tesgt350 on February 28, 2022, 01:22:48 PM
Keep in mind, Hollywood is now WOKE.      Bullitt will be a Black Trans now.
They've done that - several times
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless