News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 Shelby prices

Started by jwtdvm, February 28, 2022, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwtdvm

Very nice 66 sold in Greensboro NC auto auction for 270,000 plus 8% buyers premium--I think 2262 maybe!!!!

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

67 GT350

A friend told me they play games there, he was very very very right.
RARE  Signature Delete

poboy427

2292- day 2 car in several regards looking at the pics. Brought a good price it appears. Notice the pic of the "floor plan specific" invoice that is quite different.

Ray
6S554 Family owed since May 15,1974. Confirmed original alum T-10 4spd, MICO,

SPF 0373 Cobra S/C, Shelby alum 488 stroker FE Tunnel Port, TKO

Special Ed

So is  GAA posted $ the hammer or like bj total price commisions included?  thanks

stangman39

Quote from: Special Ed on February 28, 2022, 09:36:43 PM
So is  GAA posted $ the hammer or like bj total price commisions included?  thanks

pretty sure it's the hammer price

pchmotoho

I know they weren't given SFM numbers in exact order of arrival but doesn't the Ford number appear to be early for a late 66 build?  The numbers also appear to not be very straight, at least not compared to the few numbers Ive seen come from San Jose. 

What do you more knowledgeable guys think?

67 GT350

It surprises me that people will actually buy a car this way...I know auctions have been around for many years, I just would rather deal with the person who owns the car. And not have to pay additional fees/commissions/and other money grabs.

I do not feel good about rumored "games"

The amount I pay for a car should be between the 5 people: The seller, me, myself, and I (the buyer), and the DMV (where I would go to title the car)

My own 2cents....
RARE  Signature Delete

CharlesTurner

It looks like sold prices on the GAA site are the hammer price.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 01, 2022, 10:23:27 AM
It surprises me that people will actually buy a car this way...I know auctions have been around for many years, I just would rather deal with the person who owns the car. And not have to pay additional fees/commissions/and other money grabs.

The amount I pay for a car should be between the 5 people: The seller, me, myself, and I (the buyer), and the DMV (where I would go to title the car)

My own 2cents....

Why are you concerned with how people spend their money?  Everything does not have to make business sense.  If you're the high bidder at auction, pay and take your car home.  No need to go through the whole car buying 'dance'.

I sold my car at B-J Scottsdale this past January, there were no games, had a great experience.   
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

stephen_becker

Charles, you hit a HOME RUN in Scottsdale! Congrats to you  8)

67 GT350

Quote from: CharlesTurner on March 01, 2022, 10:35:53 AM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 01, 2022, 10:23:27 AM

My own 2cents....

Why are you concerned with how people spend their money?  Everything does not have to make business sense.  If you're the high bidder at auction, pay and take your car home.  No need to go through the whole car buying 'dance'.

I sold my car at B-J Scottsdale this past January, there were no games, had a great experience.   

So that commission chunk out of your hard work restoring, maintaining, and enjoying "your" car did not bother you? That's cool! America is great, we still are entitled to our own opinion. I think we can here also. I am not calling for people that do not agree with me to go back under their rock. I am sure some here think JB is doing a great job too, that is their opinion, (not mine). Hey, if you want to pay retail+ on a new car, go ahead and do it. If I want to buy a new car at invoice, that's me...Its how I have always rolled, please deal with my opinion. I like to give my money to places that need it, like a Animal Shelter, to to "Hollywood Auctioneers."
RARE  Signature Delete

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 01, 2022, 12:27:59 PM
So that commission chunk out of your hard work restoring, maintaining, and enjoying "your" car did not bother you? That's cool! America is great, we still are entitled to our own opinion. I think we can here also. I am not calling for people that do not agree with me to go back under their rock. I am sure some here think JB is doing a great job too, that is their opinion, (not mine). Hey, if you want to pay retail+ on a new car, go ahead and do it. If I want to buy a new car at invoice, that's me...Its how I have always rolled, please deal with my opinion. I like to give my money to places that need it, like a Animal Shelter, to to "Hollywood Auctioneers."

Barrett-Jackson more than earned the commission they got from me.  Couldn't be happier. 

Your opinion seems to be constantly demeaning high prices/values of Shelby's and what they sell for at auction.  As I previously posted, not sure why how others spend their $$ bothers you.

Barrett-Jackson has raised over 100 million for charities through their auctions.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge