Author Topic: Curt Hooker Edelbrock Dyno Professional  (Read 783 times)

68countrysedan

• View Profile
Curt Hooker Edelbrock Dyno Professional
« on: March 02, 2022, 01:03:57 PM »
Curt Hooker passed away recently. Auto editors, not to mention the aftermarket,  will instantly know the name, but it wasn't wide spread among enthusiasts. If you purchased an Edelbrock product, it had Curt's influence.

Starting as a shop janitor, it's no surprise he was fascinated by engines, which led him to investigate the dyno room whenever he could. In his 50 year Edelbrock career, he became the head of engine testing and dyno room operations. He had hands-on experince developing and testing Edelbrock products, not to mention scores of engine projects from street to race. It's a testament to his character that he had a sterling reputation for being genuinely nice to work with.

He was one of the greatest names in hot rodding.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Curt Hooker Edelbrock Dyno Professional
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 01:10:30 PM »
Our deepest condolences to his family and friends
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 01:27:33 PM »
Sad day . RIP
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 03:01:38 PM »
   Curt was a great friend for over 40 years. His passing was one of four I lost last weekend and a game changer for me. I made some parts for his personal hot rod and he didn't finish it before his passing. I'm gong to get my stuff done so I can enjoy it first. RIP my friend and say Hi to Vic and Bobby Meeks.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.