News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rare car

Started by Coralsnake, March 04, 2022, 01:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capecodmustang.com

Pete:  This is rare car!
It's about 20 minutes from me ....

Wish it was a FB....

Bret

Coralsnake

You need that!

Looks a little rough, but it looks to be a j code, with AC, a GT, metric speedo!
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

68gtcoupe

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 04, 2022, 05:35:31 PM
You need that!

Looks a little rough, but it looks to be a j code, with AC, a GT, metric speedo!

I'm completely unfamiliar with these Venezuelan built cars, but what would the evidence be to suggest it's a GT?  Neat car, would love to see some additional photos. 

J_Speegle

Believe the J in the Vin is the plant code not the engine code

Haven't seen one with the grill lights before. For US that could indicate GT or Sprint package

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on March 04, 2022, 03:31:28 PM
Wish it was a FB....

If it were that would make it a very rare car since they didn't build fastbacks. Only coupe down south of the border

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

The fog lights in the front

Royce Peterson

This would totally deserve a Marti Report if you are a likely buyer.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

J_Speegle

Quote from: Royce Peterson on March 04, 2022, 07:49:11 PM
This would totally deserve a Marti Report if you are a likely buyer.

Not sure if Ford records that Kevin got access to included foreign built cars of the 60's
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

I checked his website and it would seem to indicate he does not have the South American build records ...bummer

TransamEd

Kevin had given them to Dave Hammar back then only for the end of 1966 (1967 model) from October, when the production started in Venezuela/Valencia 100km south of Caracas.
Oct 27
Nov. 67
Dec. 137
Total 231
Could mean they made at least 1500 in the calendar year 1967 of the 67/68 model.
Production went through to 1973.

Acc. to the Int. VIN Decoder, I found in a Ford book and shared with Dave, this a.m. was built in April 68 (..HG20...)

98SVT - was 06GT

Wait until you walk into your DMV with a foreign built car with no title and no record of when it was imported. Best bet stick it on a trailer drive it over the border and then turn right around and bring it back doing the paperwork as you cross.
I had problems with SHOGUN since it came back from Canada with no import papers. Even though I had all the original DMV papers from CA DMV and the CA Air Resources Board paperwork and stickers were still intact they still wanted proof from Customs it was here legally and not a gray market car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless