News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sentimental Shelby/mustang people

Started by 68cobra427, March 05, 2022, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bill on March 06, 2022, 07:50:22 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 06, 2022, 07:26:32 AM

In almost 50 years, I've only been approached once by a substitute "Mailman" on my '68. He offered me $800 and a '73 Pinto.

Doug,

I've been offered all sorts of trades when I had the 69 GT500 up for sale, late model Mustangs, boats, motorcycles, vintage Cessna aircraft (in pieces), even an ex-wife with kids thrown in (a SAAC member from California who shall remain anonymous) . Not one of those offers appealed to me, nor made economic sense. The biggest PITA, a guy with a 2017 GT500 Shelby was pretty adamant that his car, with 70,000 miles on it, was priced right at the value of mine, as was visibly upset when I gracefully declined his offer, telling me I was crazy not to take the deal he offered. Regardless of his and others offers for trade, I had specified I was "making space for a new purchase", can't understand why people could not grasp that concept.

Bill

Apparently, part of the issue with me is that I look mean, act grumpy and wear these two ammo cartridge belt bandeleros? I should stop chewing tobacco and spitting out the juice too?

I tried that on these internet "swinger sites" and all I got for my efforts were aggressive gays telling me that give them five minutes alone and I'd never want another woman again.  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350shelb

yep  some people don't  need the funds ..... When i had my restoration shop a newer customer came in and he was all bout having a Shelby .... he was  full of great leads .       

On day he tells me about a car sitting on street , and how he leaves notes on it all the time and the guy never calls him .

Me :Oh i know that car !   

him: Yea!

me : that guy is an ass will never sell the car !

Him  : how do you know him ?

Me : It is my car !

ohh and btw  I thew all notes out before i went in the house !
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

trotrof1

I know of one car locally (67 GT500), that sat on a side street for years with 4 flat tires. My buddy had the door slammed in his face when he inquired about it. A week later the car mysteriously disappeared.

mark p

I've been offered all sorts of trades when I had the 69 GT500 up for sale... I had specified I was "making space for a new purchase", can't understand why people could not grasp that concept.
Bill
Yep - seems to be a general lack of listening/attention to detail (IMHO).
I find that many folks tend to read the first sentence of an email (or whatever) and seem to be unaware  ??? if there was other info/questions following. I've noticed that same thing you noted ^^^ in many classified ads in various places  ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 06, 2022, 07:26:32 AM

Doug,

I've been offered all sorts of trades when I had the 69 GT500 up for sale, late model Mustangs, boats, motorcycles, vintage Cessna aircraft (in pieces), even an ex-wife with kids thrown in (a SAAC member from California who shall remain anonymous) . Not one of those offers appealed to me, nor made economic sense. The biggest PITA, a guy with a 2017 GT500 Shelby was pretty adamant that his car, with 70,000 miles on it, was priced right at the value of mine, as was visibly upset when I gracefully declined his offer, telling me I was crazy not to take the deal he offered. Regardless of his and others offers for trade, I had specified I was "making space for a new purchase", can't understand why people could not grasp that concept.

Bill

Should have taken that "2017 GT500" since Ford stopped in 2014 and started back up in 2020. Could have been a "rare" one
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 05, 2022, 04:26:46 PM
You have to keep putting cash in their hands until they say yes.

The answer is the same but the price there is just too high.

Hey guys it's tax time - go make those offers now.
Way back when we were building the Pantera Megabuck we were getting a lot of NOS Cammers and parts from Mickey Thompson. There was a lot of stuff he said wasn't for sale. We figured out show up when he had to make payroll with cash and you could buy anything that wasn't for sale last week.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 07, 2022, 11:06:21 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 05, 2022, 04:26:46 PM.

Hey guys it's tax time - go make those offers now.
Way back when we were building the Pantera Megabuck we were getting a lot of NOS Cammers and parts from Mickey Thompson. There was a lot of stuff he said wasn't for sale. We figured out show up when he had to make payroll with cash and you could buy anything that wasn't for sale last week.

" Timing "

I have all UNGOLD cars

TOBKOB

QuoteMy Kr was parked in the garage for 28 years without moving , family,house,fishing,scuba diving and other in trusts in life became more fun
My '69 sat for 40 yrs before I got it completed...Life and family gets in the way plus gets priority when it comes to finances. I parked in and started disassembling mine in 1975 and completed it late in 2015... It was well worth the wait and the moral of this story is " I'm going to restore it someday" does sometimes actually happen.. :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Indoor storage is the key,otherwise :o

TOBKOB

QuoteIndoor storage is the key,otherwise :o

Yes   ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

Quote from: 557 on March 07, 2022, 12:59:40 PM
Indoor storage is the key,otherwise :o

100% Mike bought this about 5 years ago, put it in his warehouse. It sat out for many year's before his purchase and after the excitement wore off, it now sits inside his warehouse  and will probably not ever see light again. 

What does that commercial show on the tatoo ?

"REGERTS"

I have all UNGOLD cars