News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tilt away steering column

Started by 1970boss, March 06, 2022, 08:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970boss

Can anyone provide photos for the routing of the tilt away column vacuum hose from the canister under the battery tray to the firewall? Thanks

J_Speegle

Clear nice diagrams are included in the 69 Mustang electrical manual the oversized one at least I think there was. Will look to see if I have a scan
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Hope these help

Original page

Composite
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

1970boss

Jeff,
       Thanks for posting these. Are there any sources for the correct color coded vacuum hose or plastic retaining clips in the engine bay? The canister is there but the vacuum line is gone as well as whatever clips should be there to route the hose correctly.

Coralsnake

https://www.deadnutson.com/

Sells the striped hoses.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Royce Peterson

AMK sells the rubber straps that secure the hoses to the cowl - shock tower braces. Recommend that you buy extras as the reproductions are poor and they tend to break often.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

430dragpack

If you don't have them, there is the 3 port, in line check valve and semi-special firewall grommet for the hose.

1970boss

Thanks everyone for the reply's on this topic. I have ordered the hose from NPD as dead nuts on is out of stock. I have ordered the pieces from AMK and also a new vacuum canister. This should get me going. Does anyone know where the vacuum line from the canister goes as it makes its way under the shock tower bracing? I'm guessing a vacuum port on the back of the intake but not exactly sure. Thanks again for the assistance on this one, Bob

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1970boss on March 08, 2022, 01:17:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the reply's on this topic. I have ordered the hose from NPD as dead nuts on is out of stock. I have ordered the pieces from AMK and also a new vacuum canister. This should get me going. Does anyone know where the vacuum line from the canister goes as it makes its way under the shock tower bracing? I'm guessing a vacuum port on the back of the intake but not exactly sure. Thanks again for the assistance on this one, Bob
The factory illustration posted shows it. If for a big block then it doesn't seem to be marked but it is the unmarked one with what looks like a double intake fitting in the illustration
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

....................... Does anyone know where the vacuum line from the canister goes as it makes its way under the shock tower bracing? I'm guessing a vacuum port on the back of the intake but not exactly sure. Thanks again for the assistance on this one, Bob

70 but shows the connection point

1970boss

Jeff, thanks for the photo. Mine is a 70 so it's very helpful.

1970boss

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 08, 2022, 06:38:20 PM
The factory illustration posted shows it. If for a big block then it doesn't seem to be marked but it is the unmarked one with what looks like a double intake fitting in the illustration

Bob, yes, thanks. Funny that the illustration doesn't mention any big block application. I have enough to get started once I get all the parts. Hopefully all the in line check valves for the tilt away are still there. Thanks again, Bob