News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

hey harris speedster have you seen this one

Started by gt350shelb, March 12, 2022, 11:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 12, 2022, 11:24:52 PMA family friend of mine is directly descended from James Couzens, who was Henry Ford's business manager and eventually V.P. of the car company.
I met a Couzens who was also a descendant back in 05 while we did the first of Ford's "Truth About Trucks" series. Very personable guy who had access to the top floor of the glass house. Which is why he was a consultant to a Ford supplier.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Harris Speedster

GT350shelb,
thanks for getting the picture in for me.
Gives a pretty good idea of his designs and rearward look.
The rear bumper, or what appears to be a bumper, was actually his antenna, he did not want to restrict air flow on the body streamlining.
He went as far as to develop / engineer air flow through the body and out the rear wheel wells. With rear body air being channeled out the fin with the dual exhaust.

HONKER, thanks my friend,  I am glad that you and others enjoy.
I learned quite a bit form the posts by everybody.

Side oilers; I had no knowledge of  Couzens .
Fascinating info about FOMOCO that I never knew about Henry.
He chose some smart people for the many businesses he became involved in.

Your right, I need to chronicle well and really just end the research.
30 years is enough. We just wanted to make sure that we had 100's of real documents and pictures to make the case of this man and machine, or the Life
I enjoy learning more about auto history from you guys.
John

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Harris Speedster

FL SAAC
Thank ya !!!
It never ceases to amaze me when I look at it.
He owned an airport and sold airplanes and was involved in Chicago O Hara also.
I truly believe his basic engineering designs came from his knowledge of airplanes.
Notice the Step Plates on the body deck, used to drop into the cockpit.
real cockpit styling on might say.

BTW, the radio antenna mentioned, he had a Philco Ford Transitone radio, some of the first ever offered in automobiles.

Most electrical, switches, generator, regulator, streamlined " TWO LIGHT " headlights, Auto Lite glass were Ford,
He had the State of Illinois literally make small special plates for the speedster.
Respectfully,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7