News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

They are still out there.

Started by SFcarbuff, March 14, 2022, 11:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFcarbuff

A while ago, I located two garage find 68's.  Both were real cars.  The green car is a GT500, automatic with the 70's race items in place.  The brown car is a GT350, 4 speed car with paisley interior.  It was an orignal black car.  Both cars have their numbers matching drive trains.
I gave my word not to sure the info about the cars, only the picture.  He still plans on restoring them.  Enjoy.  The brown car was originally sold in San Francisco.

68countrysedan

"Still plans" on restoring "them" - two cars.

Famous last words?

TOBKOB

But...it does sometimes happen... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

67 GT350

Very cool...I would love to find some cars like that. I know first hand that sometimes people actually do get them finished. For me, my Boss 302 was one like that, Even relatives would look at me funny when I would say that. After 5 shops, and much lost money and parts, it got done. There are many issues why cars may not get done. "Bums that work on cars", "Restoration shops" that stick their noses up in the air, knowing that they have people over a barrel and would be shops that are lazy and like the easy money of collision.
RARE  Signature Delete

68blk500c

FL SAAC

Agreed in the last years a few friends have found several shelbys in FL that were in disrepair and had not run in years

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bet they wouldn't be so pretty (especially the drop top)if they were stored outside..... :oThanks for sharing guys.

tesgt350

Quote from: SFcarbuff on March 14, 2022, 11:11:56 PM
A while ago, I located two garage find 68's.  Both were real cars.  The green car is a GT500, automatic with the 70's race items in place.  The brown car is a GT350, 4 speed car with paisley interior.  It was an orignal black car.  Both cars have their numbers matching drive trains.
I gave my word not to sure the info about the cars, only the picture.  He still plans on restoring them.  Enjoy.  The brown car was originally sold in San Francisco.

Any Photos of the paisley interior?

SFcarbuff

I wish I took some of the interior but did not.  It matched the brown, very 60's. 

vtgt500

I don't get it.  My '68 GT500 hasn't been registered is at least 20 years,  In pristine condition, sits covered in the man cave along with some other interesting cars.  I have no intent to drive it anytime soon, busy with more fun projects.  The car is not in any registry with very few people knowing it exists.  I've keep it out of sight for 45 years.  If I drop dead today, certain there would be exclamations of "BARN FIND!" by some bottom-feeding twit.  You missed the bus when these were piss cheap in the '70s.  The car is not lost, and its future is well accounted for.

67 GT350

I have a friend who also has about 7 Shelbys, all of which are not in the registries. He does not care to report them, they are all legit and have proper numbers. He enjoys the privacy. He knows what they are and anyone seeing them would know also. He will not allow any "number collectors" or any of that.
RARE  Signature Delete

69mach351w

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 16, 2022, 10:53:48 AM
I have a friend who also has about 7 Shelbys, all of which are not in the registries. He does not care to report them, they are all legit and have proper numbers. He enjoys the privacy. He knows what they are and anyone seeing them would know also. He will not allow any "number collectors" or any of that.
Quote from: vtgt500 on March 16, 2022, 09:54:31 AM
I don't get it.  My '68 GT500 hasn't been registered is at least 20 years,  In pristine condition, sits covered in the man cave along with some other interesting cars.  I have no intent to drive it anytime soon, busy with more fun projects.  The car is not in any registry with very few people knowing it exists.  I've keep it out of sight for 45 years.  If I drop dead today, certain there would be exclamations of "BARN FIND!" by some bottom-feeding twit.  You missed the bus when these were piss cheap in the '70s.  The car is not lost, and its future is well accounted for.
+1 on both!!

Coralsnake

It has been my experience that people who know about the club, but don't wish to share information are the same ones that are upset when they don't get a Registry or the club doesn't provide them with information they think they are entitled to.

Let me make my position clear. It's your car, you can do as you like with it. I have had Shelbys since the 1980s. No one has ever contacted me through the club information.

People always have the option of being anonymous.

Mongo

I agree with Coralsnake, SAAC & the Registrars have always agreed with owners if they want their names withheld from The Registries! But there are still "scammers" out there especially "overseas" who are still looking at v.i.n.'s that have blank or no owners. Mongo/Vinman gets requests for information at least 3 times a month and never hear back from these scammers? Be careful to all out there who are in hiding!

Coralsnake

Excellent! Guess whose car is going to have a clone made then...

...and those same people will come asking the club for help. 🤷🏻‍♂️

-Mongo Fan Club charter member