News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 Lower Front Fender bolts (2) on each side painted or not

Started by SChatman, March 22, 2022, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChatman

1969 Lower Front Fender bolts (2) on each side, painted or not?
I know the Shelby front end is painted off the car but when it is put on the body are these 2 bolts on each lower side of the fender reused bolts from the original front end or did they even have a front end when shipped for final assembly and new bolts were used? Pictures included.
Thank you

Coralsnake

The left side image is what the car looked like when it arrived at AO Smith.

They may have thrown a temporary hood on it.

SChatman

Thank you, that makes me think the bolts aren't painted.

TOBKOB

They are painted...The complete front end was assembled and painted before it was installed on the car...Look on Coralsnake's website to see pictures at A. O. Smith's assembly line. :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SChatman on March 22, 2022, 05:46:55 PM
1969 Lower Front Fender bolts (2) on each side, painted or not?
I know the Shelby front end is painted off the car but when it is put on the body are these 2 bolts on each lower side of the fender reused bolts from the original front end or did they even have a front end when shipped for final assembly and new bolts were used? Pictures included.
Thank you
There is no reason to think that those bolts were painted . There is nothing to hold them on the fender until they are screwed into the nut clip on the uni body. They were added later.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SChatman

Thanks everybody,that's what I was thinking Bob, if the front end is painted off the car that bolt would come from a parts bin and not be painted.

TOBKOB

The pictures clarify which bolts you are asking about. I thought you were asking about the 2 bolts on each side that hold the valance to the fenders. They are painted but the 2 bolts that you are asking about are not painted like Bob said...My bad... ???

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970