Author Topic: Contacting Randy Gillis ....  (Read 15177 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Contacting Randy Gillis ....
« on: March 24, 2022, 11:03:31 AM »
   For those of you that contacted me at my work email . I will not reply after March 31st as I am leaving to concentrate on "personal interests" AKA retiring from the day job. So please use the PM for any questions / concerns here as I will be here "as usual" and now on weekends TOO. Mod note , If this needs to be moved please do , I just wanted to make it "visible " in the mainstream.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Contacting Randy Gillis ....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 12:00:19 PM »
I think that you will like addressing your "personal interests" better than the day job. I know that it was the best career move that I made.

Best of luck!

Frank

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 12:06:55 PM »
Congrats on retiring (at least from the day job) Randy!

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 01:28:52 PM »
We'll see how this retirement thing works out. I too have a 4-1-22 date.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 02:06:37 PM »
I've never missed working for even a minute!  Hope others transition that easily.

Congrats on this point in life and thanks for your knowledge, here.

Jim Herrud

• SAAC Member
  • '65 GT350 Tribute, '19 GT350 Eagle ID
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 03:49:33 PM »
Congratulations on the retirement!

I pulled the trigger a bit over two years ago. Loving the new chapter.
Thx again for your help at SAAC-46. I wish you'd brought your car. Would have loved to see it!
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a “Vintage Car” guy. Now I’m just a “Vintage” car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 06:36:24 PM »
 Enjoy your days of sleeping late and doing nothing. I hope that your retired life is the best part of your life.

All the best to you and yours !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 11:41:55 PM »
Congrats! 
So far, I've not missed one day of Sorting TPS reports in the last 4 years (retired)
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 08:54:42 AM »
Enjoy your days of sleeping late and doing nothing.
  ???
How does that work??? I've been retired for 9 years and still wake up around 6:15-6:30 and put in a full days work around my property. The upside is there are 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday a week. the downside is there is no quitting time... :o   :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2022, 09:46:34 AM »
It's not as scary as it looks from the outside. People just look at you differently. Probably because you get all shriveled up and wrinkly?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2022, 12:18:58 PM »
its a little unnerving to take the step to retirement but for me, its been good. I still wake up at 4:30 AM, but then I can roll over and go back to sleep. I putz around all week long doing what I want when I want and wondering how I got anything done while I was working. After a few months you will forgot what day of the week it is because everyday seems like Saturday. Also for me I have a comfortable retirement due to a pension, Social Security and a 401K that i have to start using this year and is supposed to last 27 1/2 years (I will most certainly be dead before then)  The neat  thing is a I get to play with my car stuff, i got things I always wanted to do and can now do them. This includes  driving my Shelby, cleaning my Shelby and maintaining my Shelby. I also have a friend who retired and he has a 60 X 80 pole barn that we mess around with cars. Right now we are building 1968 Dodge Dart 426 SS/AA Tribute car, finishing up a 1965 Pontiac Tempest, original 4 speed car, just got done a 1969 Corvette and will soon start on a 1968 Pro Street Camaro. In between all this we are working on a 427 SOHC with an 8/71 blower for a street car
Like I said retirement is good, you worked hard, after you leave nobody cares about your ideas, few if any will call you, but you have worked hard, now sit back and enjoy life
Looking forward to the many tales of Randy and his drag racing adventures
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2022, 12:57:08 PM »
I'm glad to hear all these positive retirement stories as I'm leaving real soon. I would have been gone sooner but the job I have now some think I'm nuts to leave it but the drive is what is driving me to retirement. 106 miles round trip. I'm a guy who is always in perpetual motion and cannot just sit around(except when I'm on a Florida beach) so it will be interesting when I go and my honey do list dries up. Exercising, jogging  and biking will be in there for sure and hopefully I'll find another car to restore besides my friend's 68 Shelby I'm helping him on in his new 40x50 garage. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 03:47:31 PM »
I'm glad to hear all these positive retirement stories as I'm leaving real soon. I would have been gone sooner but the job I have now some think I'm nuts to leave it but the drive is what is driving me to retirement. 106 miles round trip. I'm a guy who is always in perpetual motion and cannot just sit around(except when I'm on a Florida beach) so it will be interesting when I go and my honey do list dries up. Exercising, jogging  and biking will be in there for sure and hopefully I'll find another car to restore besides my friend's 68 Shelby I'm helping him on in his new 40x50 garage. Gary

Gary,

Not to worry, I retired just shy of my 55th birthday 17 years ago.  I, too, wondered how to fill my time.  It has been taken by travel, maintaining my two Shelbys and working part-time at a classic car restoration shop.  I cannot believe how the time has flown by.

The honey do list, it appears to live on indefinitely. 

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 06:20:44 PM »
   For those of you that contacted me..........
     Randy

Who in the heck, wants to talk to this guy!    ::)

Take it easy Randy.   ;D

Scott.

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2022, 09:02:57 PM »
My Honey-Do list keeps growing no matter how hard I try...(9 years retired and it is longer now than when I started) ???

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970