News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Battery Tray

Started by Milo, April 20, 2018, 10:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Can anyone tell me what size battery tray is correct in 68 - 24 or 27? I assume it's the larger 27, but I'm just guessing at this point...

Thanks!
1968 Shelby GT500 #685 Wimbledon White
1969 CJ Mach 1, R-code 4-speed Black Jade
1965 GT vert, A-code 4-speed Poppy Red
1974 Bronco 302, Auto, Sniper EFI, 4-disc, Ivy
1972 Bronco Coyote
1968 F-250 Camper Special 390

Coralsnake

Bob Gaines

+1 on group 24 tray. What is most ideal is a new or nice used original. The front brace typically has a month ,day ,shift  numbers metal stamped into the support brace underneath the tray facing outward. The repros and maybe even the late service parts do not.The originals are the best quality also . I have seen some poorly made repros in comparison.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Milo

Thank you both!

Ill keep an eye out for a good original.
1968 Shelby GT500 #685 Wimbledon White
1969 CJ Mach 1, R-code 4-speed Black Jade
1965 GT vert, A-code 4-speed Poppy Red
1974 Bronco 302, Auto, Sniper EFI, 4-disc, Ivy
1972 Bronco Coyote
1968 F-250 Camper Special 390

J_Speegle

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 20, 2018, 11:29:25 AM
+1 on group 24 tray. What is most ideal is a new or nice used original. The front brace typically has a month ,day ,shift  numbers metal stamped into the support brace underneath the tray facing outward. .............

Just an  example (was posted on the old site) to illustrate  ;) Example is from a 67 - for those that notice differences but dating is the focus

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TXShelbyman

I remembered this thread from earlier this year. One thing I learned on this board many years ago is to never, never throw an original part away. Ran across my original battery tray and compared it to the tray I was going to use which is a service replacement from the mid 80's. They are different. The profiles and very different. Thanks Pete and Bob for once again illustrating why it is important to keep your original parts. I will most likely find a good metal guy and have them make the repairs on the original tray and go with it. It really is not that bad.

When things go bad just hit the throttle, may not solve the situation but does end the suspense.

Formally watts428