News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

DeLorean is making a comeback in 2022

Started by FL SAAC, March 24, 2022, 04:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Somehow I don't think Elon is worried.....

The comeback plan features the iconic carmaker to grow a new electric vehicle production enterprise. And it will all take place right here in San Antonio.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

shelbydoug

There wasn't anything good about that car. Not even the stainless.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 24, 2022, 07:19:05 PM

Comonman !

That masterpiece of an engine that was in the original stainless steel refrigerator,  I mean Delorean

That Peugeot-Renault-Volvo (PRV) 2.85 L (174 cu in) SOHC V6, rated at 130 hp  at 5,500 rpm and torque of 153 lb⋅ft at 2,750 rpm....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 24, 2022, 07:06:39 PM
Somehow I don't think Elon is worried.....

The comeback plan features the iconic carmaker to grow a new electric vehicle production enterprise. And it will all take place right here in San Antonio.

Sad thing they have not invited Doc and Marty back....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Looked fast just standing still!!!!Problem came when you actually went to drive it.... 8)

rhjanes

Looks like O'Reilly's is already sold out of the main part.   >>>  https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-500.html
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 24, 2022, 07:26:06 PM

Comonman !

That masterpiece of an engine that was in the original stainless steel refrigerator,  I mean Delorean

That Peugeot-Renault-Volvo (PRV) 2.85 L (174 cu in) SOHC V6, rated at 130 hp  at 5,500 rpm and torque of 153 lb⋅ft at 2,750 rpm....
You forget it was a Lotus Esprit backbone chassis design. Where are they going to put and how will they protect the batteries?

FL SAAC

This just in since the will not be bringing back Doc and Marty thet have hired two new actor's,  El Doctor y Marti-nez

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 25, 2022, 09:42:38 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on March 24, 2022, 07:26:06 PM

Comonman !

You forget it was a Lotus Esprit backbone chassis design. Where are they going to put and how will they protect the batteries?

The leather was crap and the back interior was made of painted plywood that would peel. When you rev the Renault, it would leak oil.

I don't care Delorian was selling Coke but he must have been sky high when he made these decisions. This "thing", whatever it was, is just a total bucket of crap.

I hope he got a good pension from GM because if that car is an indication of his abilities then he's a total dipshit.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

I sense a bit of jealously and hostility

The great American John Z was one heck of a visionary,  a maverick, managed the development of a number of vehicles throughout his career, including the Pontiac GTO muscle car, the Pontiac Firebird, Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Cosworth Vega, and the DMC DeLorean.

As of today I have never met anyone who has developed their own motor company.

Did it fail yes it did. Truly was not the right time to embark in that venture and let's no mention the hurdles I. R. A.  , the feds with their opportunistic entrapment campaign and of course every one who wanted to see John Z fail.

A visionary that even though his product was not commercially successful it has become an "icon" to millions...let's go back to the future

Could have also been a great actor portraying Dracula

So let's celebrate that a new company is opening up in America, I toast to their success  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 26, 2022, 11:44:09 AMJohn Z was one heck of a visionary,  a maverick, managed the development of a number of vehicles throughout his career,
The father of the Muscle Car. Manufacturers were still only stuffing the big motors in the big cars until he struck upon the idea of a big motor in a medium car.
The whole manufacturing thing fell apart because he took money from England to try and set up a plant in their welfare state Ireland.
A guy I know designed this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LearAvia_Lear_Fan and also ran into problems - more with our FAA not wanting the technology to leave the country than the Irish building it.
He's the only guy I know who can visualize airflow better than Pete Brock. https://biography.omicsonline.org/united-states-of-america/aerion-corporation/dr-richard-tracy-239318

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 26, 2022, 12:04:04 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on March 26, 2022, 11:44:09 AMJohn Z was one heck of a visionary,  a maverick, managed the development of a number of vehicles throughout his career,
The father of the Muscle Car. Manufacturers were still only stuffing the big motors in the big cars until he struck upon the idea of a big motor in a medium car.
The whole manufacturing thing fell apart because he took money from England to try and set up a plant in their welfare state Ireland.
A guy I know designed this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LearAvia_Lear_Fan and also ran into problems - more with our FAA not wanting the technology to leave the country than the Irish building it.
He's the only guy I know who can visualize airflow better than Pete Brock. https://biography.omicsonline.org/united-states-of-america/aerion-corporation/dr-richard-tracy-239318

John  Z a visionary that rubbed all the GM royalty the wrong way with his FTW attitude (sounds familiar)

Even though he could have had any GM car to drive, he chose to drive a forgein (will not mention name) vehicle to make GM executives even more uneasy with him.

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 26, 2022, 12:04:04 PM

Like no one else was going to have that idea over at GM? It's like playing Legos. You just keep putting your blocks together.

He may have been a visionary but he didn't know how to put a car together. After putting a 389 in a Tempest how could you settle for putting a Renault irrigation pump engine in a half stainless half plywood which-a-ma-call it?

Shelby did him one better. He stuffed a 427 in a "Healy with mumps" and beat the fenders out until the tires fit.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 26, 2022, 12:33:33 PMhe chose to drive a foreign (will not mention name) vehicle .
Going Euro was a big thing at the time. They had the sexy performance cars we had sofas on wheels. I've always wondered if we'd have had the whole Ford V Ferrari war if the Deuce hadn't wanted to impress his Italian trophy girlfriend and show he could be a sophisticated world citizen not just an Ugly American.