News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

How many familys are still the original owners of their shelby?

Started by gt350shelb, March 26, 2022, 02:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

After reading the story of 6s289   i was pondering this original owner or  family  who has kept them for 50 years or more ?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

gt350shelb

must be more than 1    65 /    there is  a cobra right   ned?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

honker

Herbie Hancock still owns the cobra he bought in 63 I believe.

Rocket

I bought 6S550 in August '67 and still have it. Drive it some every month here in Colorado.
Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

gt350hr

Jim Schield is still the original owner of 5S272. Not just "family" owned. THE lowest number original owner "I" know of on a '65 GT350.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

deathsled

That is some impressive dedication to that special ride.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"