News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Convertible Top Boot - Shelby vs Mustang differences?

Started by JWH, April 06, 2022, 08:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

On 1968 models- would you point out the differences in the convertible top boot that came with the Shelby and those that came with the standard Mustang? The goal of this question is to find out if one can be used as a template to make a boot for the other.
Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JWH on April 06, 2022, 08:56:04 PM
On 1968 models- would you point out the differences in the convertible top boot that came with the Shelby and those that came with the standard Mustang? The goal of this question is to find out if one can be used as a template to make a boot for the other.
Thanks
The Mustang version can be used for a template but I think that you are taking a substantial gamble if you place the snaps on the boot without double checking that they match up with the male versions on the actual car for fit. Just my opinion others may have a different one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JWH

Thanks for the reply Bob. My thought is that the snaps would most likely be in a different spot also based on the different interior quarter panels.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JWH on April 07, 2022, 06:36:12 PM
Thanks for the reply Bob. My thought is that the snaps would most likely be in a different spot also based on the different interior quarter panels.
They are in about the same approximate location however they don't have to be off but a 1/4 of a inch or so to be a problem.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby