News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The Housing Market

Started by FL SAAC, March 28, 2022, 10:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: trotrof1 on March 28, 2022, 04:17:24 PM
When you drive your Classic down to the beach for a day of sun, waves, bikini girls, cocktails, the other issues are forgiven.

Thank baby Jesus that currently we have no issues and life is good !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 28, 2022, 06:24:00 PM
Please do not come to Tennessee. We don't need the voting habits that got CA and NY in trouble. Move to DE.

You got that right they move from there because they don't like how they made it there

This sign is at a restaurant we frequent

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 28, 2022, 07:32:58 PM
Please do not come to Tennessee. We don't need the voting habits that got CA and NY in trouble. Move to DE.

You got that right they move from there because they don't like how they made it there

That is the reason I got the heck out of Kommiefornia. When I moved to Texas, my new neighbors were a bit 'worried' I was going to be like your sign said. Nope, not me. Once my neighbors knew I was a member of the Elephant Party, all was good.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 28, 2022, 07:32:58 PM

Great sign.  Very creative.  And makes one think.  Or at least should.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

GT350AUS

This phenomenon is the same in Australia.

Since the pandemic, our prices have increased by 20% as a minimum.

The buyers are enticed by cheap interest rates. The Real Estate Agents are concerned with commissions and the bank want to fund the purchase to secure an income stream.

Debt has escalated worldwide and is out of control.

Added to this the increase in costs of living with food, energy and disrupted supply chains in building materials and other goods have changed the landscape all over the world.

Where will it all end.....CRASH!!!!!

And I don't mean the car type either.

FL SAAC

Quote from: GT350AUS on March 29, 2022, 12:22:14 AM

The buyers are enticed by cheap interest rates. The Real Estate Agents are concerned with commissions and the bank want to fund the purchase to secure an income stream.

Added to this the increase in costs of living with food, energy and disrupted supply chains in building materials and other goods have changed the landscape all over the world.

The sad thing is that you have companies that are offering additional money for home improvements to these people at 28% interest rates.

Go ahead add that pool , have that dream kitchen etc

The guarantee is YOUR property when you can't pay it back

Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 29, 2022, 10:09:04 AM

The sad thing is that you have companies that are offering additional money for home improvements to these people at 28% interest rates.

Go ahead add that pool , have that dream kitchen etc

The guarantee is YOUR property when you can't pay it back

Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it
[/quote

If you need this, open an equity line. Interest rates are way low. Only pay for what you use. AND its tax deductible.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Agree 100% but unfortunately the "sheeple" follow with out doing their due diligence.  I told them get a loan from their bank hopefully they will listen and refinance for their sake because 28% is unsustainable

Quote from: crossboss on March 29, 2022, 02:01:32 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on March 29, 2022, 10:09:04 AM

[/quote

If you need this, open an equity line. Interest rates are way low. Only pay for what you use. AND its tax deductible.

I have all UNGOLD cars

TOBKOB

28% interest??? Sounds like the 70's all over again...   :-[   ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbydoug

Florida just became too much of a good thing.

If you find the perfect place, keep it to yourself. Otherwise word will get out and crowds will flock to it and ruin it for everyone involved.

I think that this is a case in point?

I've seen this happening in the Carolinas as well. New Yorkers are so used to high prices that they just don't get the point of going to a place where your entire local tax is under a thousand dollars?

They go down there, buy a gated condo and agree to pay $28,000 a year for all inclusive services?  Dumb. Dumb as shit.

Few knew about the "Keys" either. Now look at them. It's like a southern Fire Island?

Ironically you could even say this about Cobras and 'Shelbys'. Once they got "discovered" it was the beginning of the end. Now they are ALL museum pieces that cost 2-1/2% per year of their replacement values just to insure them.

So when I go in my cave and am super grumpy, leave me alone. Bah Humbug to it all!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

crossboss

Agreed. Not so long ago, places where no one wanted to live are now very, very expensive. Boise is one example. Austin has been for a while. Salt Lake City is another. Bidding wars have caused more than double over asking. Crazy. Vegas is now expensive. Lucky I got here when I did.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30