News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The slap heard around the world or The Day Chris Rock almost lost his head

Started by FL SAAC, March 28, 2022, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Watch this unedited lively interaction between these two celebrities

WARNING : you must be over 18 or get parental consent in order to watch the attached video that contains violence and mature language. If you are offended easily turn your computer OFF NOW !
Thank you

Uncensored Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock live on the Oscars
https://youtu.be/nJU1feyjuXc
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill

Honestly, with all that is going on in the world, two self entitled, highly paid "celebrities" going at it on TV in front of a room full of other self entitled individuals is not worthy of coverage. Violence of any kind should not be allowed, nor promoted, whether it is someone famous or otherwise. Especially not here on the SAAC forum or anywhere else. I'm embarrassed that such nonsense has a place here, even if it is posted in the lounge, as it is still associated with the forum in general, and seen by the general public as if SAAC condones it.

Sad, but true.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bill on March 28, 2022, 08:25:38 PM

Honestly, with all that is going on in the world, two self entitled, highly paid "celebrities" going at it on TV in front of a room full of other self entitled individuals is not worthy of coverage. Violence of any kind should not be allowed, nor promoted, whether it is someone famous or otherwise. Especially not here on the SAAC forum or anywhere else. I'm embarrassed that such nonsense has a place here, even if it is posted in the lounge, as it is still associated with the forum in general, and seen by the general public as if SAAC condones it.

Sad, but true.

Hi Bill

Precisely why I put it up with so many bad things happening in the world,  when I viewed it this morning I could not stop laughing.

By the way you did notice you entered the LOUNGE or the off topic area

Thank you for your opinion

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bill

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 28, 2022, 08:46:38 PM

By the way you did notice you entered the LOUNGE or the off topic area

Tony,

You will eventually realize that anything posted on the forum, in a publicly accessible area, reflects not only on SAAC, but the SAACforum as a whole.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

S7MS427

Quote from: Bill on March 28, 2022, 08:25:38 PM

Sad, but true.

+1
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bill on March 28, 2022, 08:52:06 PMYou will eventually realize that anything posted on the forum, in a publicly accessible area, reflects not only on SAAC, but the SAACforum as a whole.
This is true - no more GM talk or Corvette pics.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Well one of them (C.Rock) behaved like an adult.He also was just doing his job(comedian)... ;)

crossboss

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 28, 2022, 10:56:49 PM
FAKE

Fake or not. The Academy, and ABC most likely will be fined by the FCC, AND will take some sort of action against Will Smith. Assault and battery is a crime. Foul language (F bombs) on prime time, and broadcast around the world, someone is gonna take a major fall for this. I'm hearing talk of revoking Smith's award. Might just happen.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Don Johnston

Blame the writers as Chris was just using the teleprompter. Most likely not his joke as the cameras were ready to show those  in the audience that were in the script. First look shows Will even laughing until he sees his wife's reaction of shock and disgust.  She takes the issues with her alopecia hair loss disorder seriously (or maybe should have worn a wig).  But all these guys know that this is live.  The after speeches and apologies will not get the replay as much as "The Slap".  Next year, presenters will probably all be issued full face designer helmets and a Hollywood special and telethon about alopecia (which a number of actors have had) could be planned.  Could happen. 8)

crossboss

Quote from: Don Johnston on March 28, 2022, 11:56:47 PM
Blame the writers as Chris was just using the teleprompter. Most likely not his joke as the cameras were ready to show those  in the audience that were in the script. First look shows Will even laughing until he sees his wife's reaction of shock and disgust.  She takes the issues with her alopecia hair loss disorder seriously (or maybe should have worn a wig).  But all these guys know that this is live.  The after speeches and apologies will not get the replay as much as "The Slap".  Next year, presenters will probably all be issued full face designer helmets and a Hollywood special and telethon about alopecia (which a number of actors have had) could be planned.  Could happen. 8)

...and the ratings like the Oscars will be dismal. Pass.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Side-Oilers

Revoking his award is the least that ought to happen.

However, the more I look at the footage, the more I'm suspicious it was all conjured up to get massive amounts of publicity. 

The Oscars have been a WTF cares thing for a long time.  So, how better to generate instant worldwide attention to a dying event than by doing a totally shocking thing?

Regardless, it's low-class and far from family-friendly entertainment that ought to be the standard on broadcast TV.  (I want the 1960s back.)

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

crossboss

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 29, 2022, 12:07:15 AM
Revoking his award is the least that ought to happen.

However, the more I look at the footage, the more I'm suspicious it was all conjured up to get massive amounts of publicity. 

The Oscars have been a WTF cares thing for a long time.  So, how better to generate instant worldwide attention to a dying event than by doing a totally shocking thing?

Regardless, it's low-class and far from family-friendly entertainment that ought to be the standard on broadcast TV.  (I want the 1960s back.)

As you know, I worked in the movie and TV world. Not so long ago, I filmed many Oscars, and ALL of these awards shows are rigged. Now, its all about politics, and PC correctness. Most people don't give hoot about a bunch of elite celebrity snobs patting themselves on their backs, and don't care what they say. I also had enough of the Hollywood nit wits. Next year, no Oscar Awards on TV. Just make an announcement on the winners, like they do on the Oscar nominees @ 4 am.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30