News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The slap heard around the world or The Day Chris Rock almost lost his head

Started by FL SAAC, March 28, 2022, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

It all started with a private award ceremony of few awards and only those in the industry attended the dinner.  Now it is a public farce and fashion show.  In addition, some works and personnel involved are great in a single years while the productions in some years should not have any awards.  8)

Side-Oilers

Scott, I agree completely.   Yes, rigged.

How about cancelling all the awards shows?   Do we really need to hear any more of these self-important, ignorant, multi-millionaire kooks telling the rest of us how to live our lives?

Does ANYONE really care what they have to say? 

My grandmother used to watch the awards shows to see all the glamorous stars in their outfits, and remark how graceful and elegant the women looked.

Grace and elegance left the building about the time my grandmother died, and they are forbidden to re-enter.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bill on March 28, 2022, 08:52:06 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on March 28, 2022, 08:46:38 PM

By the way you did notice you entered the LOUNGE or the off topic area

Tony,

You will eventually realize that anything posted on the forum, in a publicly accessible area, reflects not only on SAAC, but the SAACforum as a whole.

Bill

Good morning Bill

Please follow your own guidance

Thank you
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Did you all see the faces as the camera panned the audience after the incident ?

My favorite was the guy in the lower right hand corner

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

crossboss

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 29, 2022, 01:11:28 AM
Scott, I agree completely.   Yes, rigged.

How about cancelling all the awards shows?   Do we really need to hear any more of these self-important, ignorant, multi-millionaire kooks telling the rest of us how to live our lives?

Does ANYONE really care what they have to say? 

My grandmother used to watch the awards shows to see all the glamorous stars in their outfits, and remark how graceful and elegant the women looked.

Grace and elegance left the building about the time my grandmother died, and they are forbidden to re-enter.

Van,
Totally agree. The Oscars have lost all form of grace, admiration, and class years ago. 'Back in the day' a winner would say "Thank you" to their fans, the academy, fellow cast/crew members, their agent, family, etc and walk off.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Does anyone remember what the programs name was that a young Chris Rick was portrayed?

It's completely slipped my mind,  anyone, anyone

I have all UNGOLD cars

TA Coupe

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 29, 2022, 10:14:45 AM

Tony,

You will eventually realize that anything posted on the forum, in a publicly accessible area, reflects not only on SAAC, but the SAACforum as a whole.

Bill

Good morning Bill

Thank you

Looks like somebody just got handed their AZZ.
Bill,why don't you become a Mod and then read every post on here and decide what is acceptable.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

Quote from: TA Coupe on March 29, 2022, 08:48:19 PM

Tony,

Bill

Good morning Bill

Thank you

Looks like somebody just got handed their AZZ.
Bill,why don't you become a Mod and then read every post on here and decide what is acceptable.

Roy

Gentlemen paleeze don't be like Willie, let's handle this as gentle and kind as possible.  Everyone is going through very tense and strenuous times.

With this I bid you tootles

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Maybe, just maybe big Willie wanted to show everyone that he would be a good candidate to play Batman....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bill

Good morning Bill

Thank you

Tony,

With every one of your posts, you continue to prove me right. As for this subject topic, each time it is posted on the web, it gives traction to the perpetrator, who, as others in Hollywood follow a mindset of "any self promotion that is free, is good for me". Having friends and family in the industry, this is a known fact, not just hearsay. Should such instances of violence be posted and reposted, thus giving credibility to the act and the participants in question more free self promotion, well, you already know my feelings on the subject per my earlier posts.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shelbydoug

People still watch that thing?

So Rock got bitch slapped. So what. He deserved that long ago. Too bad it wasn't a closed fist and too bad he didn't get knocked on his ass.

As far as all the complaining, if you don't like the program, change the channel to another station.

As far as the "Acadamy" being "damaged" by it, a BIG BS! It's the best thing that's happened to it in 20 years. The ratings went WAY up.

If they don't want this kind of thing to happen at the awards, don't but a jerk in charge of it. I don't think Rock is funny. He just victimizes others misfortunes for materials because he can't think of anything constructive. Screw him.

Sometimes a man has to be a man and knock someone on their ass. You just have to realize that you have to be willing to take the heat and ice that hand as soon as you can. Don't forget the shoulder too.

I totally understand why my right one still hurts but why the left one does also is a mystery. The left hook always works though. They never see it coming.

Actually I don't need stuff like this to stir me up. I thought that I had matured past delivering stars and just hoping for dollar signs? Hum. Time to go hit the heavy bag down in the shop again. Maybe some nice spring weather soon will help?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!