News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Who names these things

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, March 29, 2022, 07:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Yeah Cobra was a snake but give me a break Rattler doesn't evoke the image of a snake but one of these

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39564452/2023-ford-f-150-rattler-details/

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

LMAO  I'm waiting for the Sidewinder package, which gives you 4 wheel steering on a base truck.

And the Constrictor, which has smaller cupholders.

Oh look it's the new smaller Mustang ... the Misfire

Ford is getting RIDONKCOULOUS  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Rattler?  LOL!  This is what you get when committees get involved and particularly committees composed of "people" who know nothing about cars and the adverse inferences that can be taken with such names.  I mean look at the front end on the Edsel.  My dad said even then when they were new, there was much talk among men about the front end middle of the grill.   
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

crossboss

Focus groups no doubt were employed to conceive these 'new' names. Btw, its all about selling cars and trucks. These new gimmicks are nothing but trinkets to add to the sticker price.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Lincoln tech

How about the "Maverick" ? that name alone gives me the chills, remember working on them in 70s, one of the biggest POS Ford ever produced , allthough the ones with 302 were kind of fun to drive.

honker

Remember the Maverick "Grabber" we called it Maverick with a wax job  ;)

This one was on the old forum Comet Stabber, maybe the Zodiac killer had one   ::)

Mike

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 29, 2022, 08:40:56 PM
LMAO  I'm waiting for the Sidewinder package, which gives you 4 wheel steering on a base truck.

And the Constrictor, which has smaller cupholders.

Oh look it's the new smaller Mustang ... the Misfire

Ford is getting RIDONKCOULOUS  !

The question remains. Do they make what customers want or make what they want customers to want? I think it's what customers want which just adds to the dumber then shit day I suppose? "Tommy, that deaf dumb blind kid sure plays a mean pin ball?"
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

The names come from a royal decree  King Richard I, the Lionheart, of England, known Christian Crusader....

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: honker on March 30, 2022, 10:55:50 AM
My wife's parents bought her a Grabber blue Maverick when she was in high school - at least it was an early one with hood scoops and not just the later tape job. They went to the dealer to buy her a Mustang but the crafty salesman pitched them on how much more sense (cents in my in laws case) the Maverick made for their daughters first car. They didn't even get her A/C but she was happy to see her mom's hand me down 64 Galaxie get traded in.
Every time we see a Maverick I threaten to buy her one and she threatens to divorce me.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 30, 2022, 01:19:34 PM
My wife's parents bought her a Grabber blue Maverick when she was in high school - at least it was an early one with hood scoops and not just the later tape job. They went to the dealer to buy her a Mustang but the crafty salesman pitched them on how much more sense (cents in my in laws case) the Maverick made for their daughters first car. They didn't even get her A/C but she was happy to see her mom's hand me down 64 Galaxie get traded in.
Every time we see a Maverick I threaten to buy her one and she threatens to divorce me.

I would have to consider the offer? Those discussions seem to be almost weekly around here lately? Fortunately Mavericks don't show up often here!  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

We can't leave the Coyote engine out of this discussion

FL SAAC

Did someone say kow-yo-tee ?  beep, beep

I have all UNGOLD cars

KR500

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 30, 2022, 01:19:34 PM
I bought my wife her very first car in1980. A 1971 2dr 6 cyl A/T Maverick. Bought it from my great aunt. Literally a little old lady that only drove it to the grocery store and Sunday mornings to church. Wife loved that car and is still bummed out after all these years that we sold it and would love to have it back.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267