News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'67 GT500 legal battle...Denver post

Started by honker, March 29, 2022, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

I'm sure this has been here before, it's from May 2010, if it has I will delete. Does any one know more about this car, or the out

come ?

Mike

https://www.denverpost.com/2010/05/22/rare-shelby-mustang-tied-up-in-legal-fight-between-insurer-restorer/

427hunter

Shady all the way around. So the question comes to mind is that the shelby or just the tag on another fastback, does anyone know the cars number?
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Special Ed

Seen the car and its a real car for sure and its being restored now by a local if its the same car  i seen its a red 4speed a/c car.

Coralsnake

He says it's not about the money, but I am pretty confident he wouldn't fight that hard over a Mustang coupe.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

tesgt350

The other VIN# is most likely from another Car that was Parted out and used to repair the Shelby long ago.  I used to own a 1965 to 1973 Mustang Junk Yard back in the 80's (Tallahassee Mustangs, Inc) and sold many Inner Fenders to Body Shops to repair Mustangs and yes, they had VIN#'s on them.  Sold Drivers Doors that still had the Vin# Plates on them too.

GT350DAVE

This is car #67403F9A02540. It is a real 67 GT 500.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

Coralsnake

Not cool to make assumptions about a cars history. If you don't what's going on, don't speculate, just my opinion
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

427hunter

Quote from: GT350DAVE on March 30, 2022, 10:51:21 AM
This is car #67403F9A02540. It is a real 67 GT 500.
Dave

Thanks Dave!

What a mess / defrauding the insurance company was a bad idea. We shall see how it ends up but based on past cases the insurance company should be the legal owner. A mechanics lean can't be placed on a stolen car.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Bob Gaines

This has been discussed before. Given the story is 12 years old now most likely the issue has been resolved one way or another. I too would be interested in the out come instead of continuing to speculate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350DAVE

The short version of the story is the car was sold legally to a purchaser through a bidding process. The purchaser then sold it to the present owner who is in the process of restoring the car.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

FL SAAC

I wonder who really knows the answer?

Felisa Cardona: 303-954-1219 or fcardona@denverpost.com
Original author
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Quote from: FL SAAC on March 30, 2022, 03:56:56 PM

Felisa Cardona: 303-954-1219 or fcardona@denverpost.com
Original author

Are you dismissing GT350DAVE in reply #9 giving the main details short version answer or just didn't see it ?   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 30, 2022, 05:21:14 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on March 30, 2022, 03:56:56 PM

Felisa Cardona: 303-954-1219 or fcardona@denverpost.com
Original author

Are you dismissing GT350DAVE in reply #9 giving the main details short version answer or just didn't see it ?

Not at all
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert