News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69 GT500 for sale (not mine)

Started by OldFordGuy, March 31, 2022, 01:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldFordGuy

I'm interested in knowing more but it seems odd that there are such bad pics and why the weird price? Why is it "1 of 1"? I tried the vin in a few decoders and it didn't check out. Thoughts? I'm local to the car and in the market but reluctant to call the guy.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/tucson-69-shelby-gt500-reduced-price/7454174100.html#
1963 1/2 Galaxie 427 R code
1965 Mercury Park Lane Super Marauder convertible

Coralsnake

There is really nothing to "decode" from the VIN. It Is a Shelby number for a GT500 fastback with a 428.

I say call him up and ask him some questions, you will get a lot better feel. If you get more pictures let us know. Ask for some overall pictures and the door tag photos.

He had the same ad before and the car was $153,000 in Tucson
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bill

Quote from: OldFordGuy on March 31, 2022, 01:50:09 AM
I'm interested in knowing more but it seems odd that there are such bad pics and why the weird price? Why is it "1 of 1"? I tried the vin in a few decoders and it didn't check out. Thoughts? I'm local to the car and in the market but reluctant to call the guy.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/tucson-69-shelby-gt500-reduced-price/7454174100.html#

9F02R480284

Not the greatest of ads  ::)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

"1 of 1" is nothing more than a sales tactic and a way to make an owner feel good

67 GT350

There are many 1 of 1's that is how Marti sells reports, hype!  My car has lug nuts that we put on by the factory tighter than normal, therefore it is one of one!
You are close? Grab a friend and go look at it....Who cares if it has a "facebook/craigslist type ad. Unless you are not really that interested....an, you never know what other cars that he might have or know of.....What if he has a Boss 429 in the corner?????
RARE  Signature Delete

TOBKOB

Quote from: 67 GT350 on March 31, 2022, 10:00:29 AM
There are many 1 of 1's that is how Marti sells reports, hype!  My car has lug nuts that we put on by the factory tighter than normal, therefore it is one of one!
You are close? Grab a friend and go look at it....Who cares if it has a "facebook/craigslist type ad. Unless you are not really that interested....an, you never know what other cars that he might have or know of.....What if he has a Boss 429 in the corner?????

+1...My Shelby is the only one I have owned... so it's 1 of 1...Right???   ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

OldFordGuy

Am I wrong thinking this is more like an $80k car?

Coralsnake

I don't see a lot of $80k big blocks

Maybe others do?

Worst ad ever.Engine and rear bumper look decent,but the rest of the car is a "mystery".sketchy....  ::)

OldFordGuy

Talked to the guy. Car doesn't have paint on it yet. He said he "didn't need to sell the car" which is kind of different than the vibe I got from the ad. I pointed out one recently at Cape Cod for 99k and he went to the "but was it completely restored?" thing when his car doesn't have paint on it. I asked him if we'd even be in the same ballpark if I "showed up today with 85k cash" and he said that would be "insulting" and he was looking for more like 115k. We agreed we are too far apart and wished each other good luck.

ETA: He also claimed that the full vin is stamped on the block and it is a matching numbers car.

Coralsnake

Here are some comps, although these don't seem need the same work (they were painted) he's probably a little high ( literally )

https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=1969+Shelby+

OldFordGuy

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 31, 2022, 02:17:13 PM
Here are some comps, although these don't seem need the same work (they were painted) he's probably a little high ( literally )

https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=1969+Shelby+

Thanks Coral.

Survivor

Understatement to say the least-and once again, no pics. or relevant info. to verify any of the seller's statements.  If the condition of the rear bumper is any indication...

OldFordGuy

Quote from: Survivor on March 31, 2022, 02:33:49 PM
Understatement to say the least-and once again, no pics. or relevant info. to verify any of the seller's statements.  If the condition of the rear bumper is any indication...

He'd probably say, "It's only original once."