News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Wanted: 67-68 NOS 2X4 Autolite air filter

Started by Kyle, March 31, 2022, 02:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

Hi all,

I need an Assembly line early NOS 2X4 air filter Marked Autolite - black rubber - with wire mesh.

Anyone who has one please send me a PM sent or send me an email kylezammit123@gmail.com

Thanks Kyle.

Mike_Senar

Hello from San Diego,
  I thought the early filters were with Orange rubber and had round holes on the outsides.   Am I wrong in my thoughts?  Seen "Motorcraft" ones with blck rubber before!  That what you really want??
                                                                                              Mike

Kyle

Quote from: Mike_Senar on April 01, 2022, 09:45:45 PM
Hello from San Diego,
  I thought the early filters were with Orange rubber and had round holes on the outsides.   Am I wrong in my thoughts?  Seen "Motorcraft" ones with blck rubber before!  That what you really want??
                                                                                              Mike

Hi Mike,
I am looking for an Autolite air filter with black rubber.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mike_Senar on April 01, 2022, 09:45:45 PM
Hello from San Diego,
                                                                                              Mike
I think you are thinking about GT350 hipo filters. He wants GT500 oval filter.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

Info from the Shelby forums:

'67 GT500 Air Filter Identification | Shelby Forums - Carroll Shelby - GT350 - GT500
http://www.shelbyforums.com/threads/67-gt500-air-filter-identification.8854/

I have an NOS Motorcraft one.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Kyle

Quote from: TA Coupe on April 03, 2022, 05:20:31 AM
Info from the Shelby forums:

'67 GT500 Air Filter Identification | Shelby Forums - Carroll Shelby - GT350 - GT500
http://www.shelbyforums.com/threads/67-gt500-air-filter-identification.8854/

I have an NOS Motorcraft one.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thanks for that information.
But I need marked Autolite with a colored Manila filter paper.

Kyle.

430dragpack

Was there more than one thickness of filter used during 67 GT500 production?  There is at least 3 thicknesses that Ford used/serviced over the years, as well as the color of the rubber, mesh style and filter color.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 430dragpack on April 06, 2022, 11:32:07 PM
Was there more than one thickness of filter used during 67 GT500 production?  There is at least 3 thicknesses that Ford used/serviced over the years, as well as the color of the rubber, mesh style and filter color.
Only one thickness,one color rubber,one color paper and one style screen mesh used on regular production 67 GT500 .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

430dragpack

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 07, 2022, 11:57:58 AM
Quote from: 430dragpack on April 06, 2022, 11:32:07 PM
Only one thickness,one color rubber,one color paper and one style screen mesh used on regular production 67 GT500 .
Thanks, Bob.  Do you know off the top of your head the approximate thickness?

Kyle