News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Correct air filter element for 1967 GT 350 ?

Started by 1175, April 12, 2022, 06:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the closest correct repo air filter element for a 67 GT 350?  Same as 65-66 round hole with orange seal like the ones sold at Virginia Mustang or NPD?  Or something completely different?

Thanks
Jon

Anyone have any insight on this topic?

Thanks
Jon

6T6/7

Jon, at the risk of going by memory, I'm thinking the original filters had reddish maroon color seals. I think there were repos years ago with correct color seals, but are hard to find now. In the meantime, the filters you mentioned with orange seals should be fine functional replacements. Others will have more info (or corrections). Mark
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1175 on April 12, 2022, 06:27:19 PM
What is the closest correct repo air filter element for a 67 GT 350?  Same as 65-66 round hole with orange seal like the ones sold at Virginia Mustang or NPD?  Or something completely different?

Thanks
Jon
Jon,the 65 66 GT350 hipo air filter element with holes had maroon color rubber. The 67 GT350 air filters with holes had more of a mixture of the maroon and orange. 68 up had the distinct orange like we see in repros today. That type was the same until they became obsolete. It is the typical that the repro companies copy the last service replacement not knowing any better that it may have evolved to look different then the assembvlyline part. The orange one is the closest you will find in reproduction today.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

roddster

Ok, he asked about a repop element.  But, what would the correct OEM element part number be?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on April 22, 2022, 03:41:13 PM
  Ok, he asked about a repop element.  But, what would the correct OEM element part number be?
It would be the C7 one like on the filter sticker.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Thanks Mark and Bob.  Orange round hole is what I will go with.

Jon