News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Windshield Marking ( lower passenger side corner)

Started by Craner, April 12, 2022, 08:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craner

While I was preparing my GT500KR for restoration, and removing the windshield, I noticed yellow markings on the windshield. This was under the stainless trim and rubber seal.

Initially I thought it was just crap from years... maybe that's all it is.
The windshield has a date code that tends to align with the build date of the car for what it's worth.

The marking looks like an "8" "-d" "J"
Is this a marking that appears on other cars that still have their original windshield?
Thoughts?

See photo of this marking

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Craner on April 12, 2022, 08:09:37 PM
While I was preparing my GT500KR for restoration, and removing the windshield, I noticed yellow markings on the windshield. This was under the stainless trim and rubber seal.

Initially I thought it was just crap from years... maybe that's all it is.
The windshield has a date code that tends to align with the build date of the car for what it's worth.

The marking looks like an "8" "-d" "J"
Is this a marking that appears on other cars that still have their original windshield?
Thoughts?

See photo of this marking
My thought is that most likely it is something that was put on by a past owner or dealership . I for one have not seen that marking on the many I have taken apart or heard about from others who I compare detail notes with. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

davez

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

TLea

Quote from: CharlesTurner on April 12, 2022, 10:32:55 PM
I have seen it on original windshields before.
Yep. Not common but seen a few. My thought is it was a group id for a pallet or however glass was packaged similar to rear end paper tags. One out of how many were on pallet