News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Mustang S 650 spotted ?

Started by FL SAAC, April 13, 2022, 03:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I don't think it's a Mustang.  The roof line (and "B pillar"??) don't seem correct.  Photoshop? Some sort of Charger with a Mustang emblem on the grille?

that's a good photo shop of a dodge charger.  I sent the image to a friend working on the project and he said not even close.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Just after the release of the 2005 Mustang, I was invited to share/see the (then) new (2011) Mustang models in prototype phase. Some were nice, while most were ugly. Again, around 2010 I was invited again to see the 'new' updated (2015 ish) models in prototype form. Some were as seen here in the first photos on this thread, and others were good, some ugly. Ford chose the uglier of the two prototypes for the current car. The 'better' car was what Saleen did. That said, I believe Ford will choose another ugly turd in my opinion. Honestly, the re-reto model 2005, and the 2011/12 model was nice. After that, well it went to the bottom feeder catfish design. Like Camaro, its a sales killer. No wonder Challenger is outselling it.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on April 14, 2022, 01:42:29 PM
Just after the release of the 2005 Mustang, I was invited to share/see the (then) new (2011) Mustang models in prototype phase. Some were nice, while most were ugly. Again, around 2010 I was invited again to see the 'new' updated (2015 ish) models in prototype form. Some were as seen here in the first photos on this thread, and others were good, some ugly. Ford chose the uglier of the two prototypes for the current car. The 'better' car was what Saleen did. That said, I believe Ford will choose another ugly turd in my opinion. Honestly, the re-reto model 2005, and the 2011/12 model was nice. After that, well it went to the bottom feeder catfish design. Like Camaro, its a sales killer. No wonder Challenger is outselling it.

This one over those  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Not a fan of the current C8 mid engine 'Vette. In my opinion, the C7 was a better car.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on April 14, 2022, 05:20:03 PM
Not a fan of the current C8 mid engine 'Vette. In my opinion, the C7 was a better car.

Nope

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on April 15, 2022, 09:08:01 AM

Nope

Well....with all the false starts, recalls, I don't think so. And 'most' Corvette guys hate the new design, me too. Its attempt to fall into the 'exotic car' with the rear engine, and styling, your not fooling anyone. Lets get real here, no Lambo, Ford GT, Ferrari , or Porsche owner will buy (or even look at) it. It's also a big, wide car. I also do not like the new Ford GT. Of course, styling is subject to personal taste.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on April 15, 2022, 11:32:22 AM

Nope

Well....with all the false starts, recalls, I don't think so. And 'most' Corvette guys hate the new design, me too. Its attempt to fall into the 'exotic car' with the rear engine, and styling, your not fooling anyone. Lets get real here, no Lambo, Ford GT, Ferrari , or Porsche owner will buy (or even look at) it. It's also a big, wide car. I also do not like the new Ford GT. Of course, styling is subject to personal taste.

I know, I know...its ego over brains...

You know I think your right it's a pretty ugly car

Wait until the Z06 comes out at about $85,000 and blows away 99% of all of the LamboWeenies, Ford GT, Felalis and Porschaaas

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on April 15, 2022, 04:42:37 PM
Quote from: crossboss on April 15, 2022, 11:32:22 AM

Nope

I know, I know...its ego over brains...

You know I think your right it's a pretty ugly car

Wait until the Z06 comes out at about $85,000 and blows away 99% of all of the LamboWeenies, Ford GT, Felalis and Porschaaas

Absolutely agree with ya on the last comment. The Corvette IS the best bang for your buck 'sports car' on the planet....
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: crossboss on April 14, 2022, 01:42:29 PM..... The 'better' car was what Saleen did.

Saleen always out styled Ford. Their current nose is said to be 4" longer than stock and that was the thing that made you scratch your head and say it's better but how?
If any of you missed the chance to lose money on the Shelby stock offering you can now dive into Saleen ownership for only $1 per share. Just stay away from the pitfalls on page 6. https://saleen.issuance.com/dl/Saleen_OfferingCircular.pdf
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on April 15, 2022, 11:05:53 PM
Quote from: crossboss on April 14, 2022, 01:42:29 PM..... The 'better' car was what Saleen did.

Saleen always out styled Ford. Their current nose is said to be 4" longer than stock and that was the thing that made you scratch your head and say it's better but how?
If any of you missed the chance to lose money on the Shelby stock offering you can now dive into Saleen ownership for only $1 per share. Just stay away from the pitfalls on page 6. https://saleen.issuance.com/dl/Saleen_OfferingCircular.pdf

I did not say it's better now. What I said was back around 2011, I saw two prototypes of the then upcoming 2015 Mustangs. Ford chose the ugly one, and the one that I liked better was this version that eventually turned into the production Saleen:

Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Agreed Saleen has some very nice visual add ons and performance upgrades

I have all UNGOLD cars