Author Topic: Help !! I hate electrical  (Read 5869 times)

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help !! I hate electrical
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2022, 08:19:51 AM »
Just want you to know I stand behind any wiring I sell.

Pete,

Every harness I've purchased from you for one of my cars has been top quality and I'm constantly pointing people to you for theirs.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Gregory177

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2022, 08:25:36 AM »
This is the new fog light connector. The wire color is reversed in connector.  Not sure if this matters or not .

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2022, 08:53:45 AM »
Did you try that test light I was talking about ????

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2022, 07:32:30 PM »
Just want you to know I stand behind any wiring I sell.
I surely know that :) Thanks

highland green

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2022, 11:33:03 AM »
I know how you are feeling. Imo, I would replace the wiring in the engine compartment, the voltage regulator and solenoid with known good replacements, then the dimer switch on the floor.Or use a new harness from Pete, not hard to install.Good luck,

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2022, 12:02:51 PM »
Keep replacing parts , eventually you might fix it  :P

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2022, 07:50:19 PM »
VR, Solinoid, engine bay harness, console harness all new. We'll just have to keep testing and try to complete a process of elimination till we stumble on whats causing this I guess.

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2022, 08:32:45 PM »
Again,you need to locate where the power that is supplied to marker light circuit first,once you get that fixed ,the interior light problem may also go away. Don't be afraid to cut suspect wires to see if problem goes away ( they can be easily reattached ) You have a short to power ,somewhere wire that is hot all the time is somehow connected to circuits affected ( someone spliced the wrong wires,smashed harness,even as I said before screw through harness ) take a closer look and open anything that doesn't look factory, another thing you can try is wiggle test harnesses, connect the battery and while someone else is watching the lights start moving harnesses until that someone yells out that they flickered or went out , do this slowly. Don't just concentrate on front of the car , check harnesses under carpets , trunk etc. Good luck.

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2022, 03:28:04 PM »
Thanks all... we have narrowed it down a bit. With the fuse block disconnected, we're still getting power to the rear. Gonna take a close look at that harness tomorrow to try and determine where it getting power.
Any and all suggestions are most welcomed :)
Steve