News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Defining a Shelby

Started by Survivor, April 16, 2022, 10:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 17, 2022, 10:38:06 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on April 16, 2022, 10:24:45 PM
Quote from: 427heaven on April 16, 2022, 11:54:37 AM
I

case in point,  jimmies car

one more time, the pot with tea is being mixed or has been already brewed with all the correct stamping, vins, intricacies, patina, paperwork,  documentation, witnesses, history, etc. that will be untraceable

why? because an expert, master craftsmanship, member of the guild, true renaissance man will be or has been involved in bringing jimmies car back

Makes my point, lets say Jims car is found, will the non-believers change their tune? Remember what today is, many did believe also...Think of what Easter means......NOT COMPAIRING A STUPID CAR TO EASTER, just using the point.

Jimmies car will not be found......but it may be made.....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: GT350DAVE on April 17, 2022, 12:32:41 PM
I g

Who is this so called "expert, master craftsmanship, member of the guild, true renaissancman?"
The 1967 Registrar wants to know.
Dave

Once it is fabricated and it appears we will know

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Survivor on April 16, 2022, 10:40:35 AM
Pick any year (65-70)-car gets whacked and is deemed a total loss.  Owner buys it back from the ins. co. and proceeds to remove some of the distinctive Shelby stuff (drivetrain, fender aprons. tag, some interior pieces etc.).  He then wraps that stuff with correct date coded sheetmetal/f-glass.  Is it a Shelby, a rebodied car or something else.  What if he could only salvage the fender stampings and tag.  Where's the tipping point.  I ask knowing full well that even the cleanest, most correct survivor still has had a few of the factory parts removed/replaced as a result of either age, wear and tear etc.   

No it's a facsimile with correct parts, it's only original once

I have all UNGOLD cars

GT350DAVE

Quote from: GT350DAVE on April 17, 2022, 12:32:41 PM
I guess there is really no tipping point... Many a COBRA-SHELBY -TIGER -FORD GT etc. have been built from a vin number or less. Many of these multi million dollar cars are known, and current owners know full well what they have, if it blows your hair back and gets you excited then no harm no foul. Some of the biggest names in the game own these cars, and they were complete wrecks or incomplete as they were found or known. Some used to POO-POO the little guy for bringing them back but now they have been called out on their rides, so all is forgiven, and we can all enjoy the hobby we all love!

case in point,  jimmies car

one more time, the pot with tea is being mixed or has been already brewed with all the correct stamping, vins, intricacies, patina, paperwork,  documentation, witnesses, history, etc. that will be untraceable

why? because an expert, master craftsmanship, member of the guild, true renaissance man will be or has been involved in bringing jimmies car back

Who is this so called "expert, master craftsmanship, member of the guild, true renaissancman?"
The 1967 Registrar wants to know.
Dave
You don't know what you are talking about. You have no such knowledge. Just another disruptive attempt by you to change the topic and make it about you.
Lets get back to the topic at hand.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Back to the original  topic :

Pick any year (65-70)-car gets whacked and is deemed a total loss.  Owner buys it back from the ins. co. and proceeds to remove some of the distinctive Shelby stuff (drivetrain, fender aprons. tag, some interior pieces etc.).  He then wraps that stuff with correct date coded sheetmetal/f-glass.  Is it a Shelby, a rebodied car or something else. 

It's a facsimile of the original, never again a true original

I have all UNGOLD cars

CSX2259

Quote from: crossboss on April 16, 2022, 06:20:01 PM
Removing or re installing a VIN onto another car/body/chassis is a felony. That is known as a re-body. That said, many, many cars do get into accidents and have had major (or minor) repairs. IF the VIN is still attached to it's original chassis, that is legal. And any repairs are considered just that, 'repairs'. Yes, many cars have been created from just a VIN. IF you have any concerns go to the FBI website and search about VINs, and VIN tampering.

Can you provide a link to the FBI page you are referencing, for some reason I can not locate it?

TLea

Quote from: crossboss on April 16, 2022, 06:20:01 PM
Removing or re installing a VIN onto another car/body/chassis is a felony. That is known as a re-body. That said, many, many cars do get into accidents and have had major (or minor) repairs. IF the VIN is still attached to it's original chassis, that is legal. And any repairs are considered just that, 'repairs'. Yes, many cars have been created from just a VIN. IF you have any concerns go to the FBI website and search about VINs, and VIN tampering.
exactly