News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

428 Camshaft selection

Started by roddster, July 22, 2022, 07:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Lookout for her. She's nasty.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

crossboss

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 26, 2022, 07:15:28 AM

shelbydoug
You need to seek help. You hijack the threads with comments of violence and death like these:

"Iranian's have nothing to do with it. Romans had an opinion on everyone. If they didn't like you, you got crucified.

Actually, that's incorrect. It wasn't Iran then. It was Persia, but no problem. We'll crucify you anyway, just for the Hell of it. Those troops needed to be kept busy. There was only so much burning, looting and raping you could do.

Not quite the same thing as a military excavation exercise."

"I have found that you can't recommend a cam. There is different interpretation of what is meant by various criteria such as "good idle".

If those terms could be standardized, then there would be hope but there is no way that there is a 289 cam that will make it into a 427.

It's just best to stay completely out of the issue. People are violent these days. They could show up at the door with an AR and blame you for all of their dillusions."

"You won't have a chance. The maniac will get you from afar when you least expect it. It doesn't matter how well prepared you are.

You may be crossing the street to get a cone from Mr.Softee but he'll already be on top of the roof waiting for you with a scope and a tripod."
You won't have a chance. The maniac will get you from afar when you least expect it. It doesn't matter how well prepared you are.

"You may be crossing the street to get a cone from Mr.Softee but he'll already be on top of the roof waiting for you with a scope and a tripod."

"Sounds like you've lived a sheltered life? Actually the pain from the hat pins in the voodoo doll are more of an issue since they can get you from distances that a rifle can't reach."

"This is how it looks to me also. The CEO looks more like a suicide/murder pact leader then anything else.

It's one thing to have "vision". It's an entirely different thing to lead the company into a desert mirage."

Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: roddster on July 22, 2022, 07:33:47 PM
  7/22/2020
   Within a month or so I will be building a 428 for my tribute car.  The question is, what cam to order?
the criteria:
   428 CJ block.  Stock stroke Scat crank, H beam rods, Trick Flow aluminum heads, Harlan sharp roller rocker are shafts. Forged 10:1 pistons
   Single 4 bbl Fuel injection carb.  This does not have to be the fastest car in town. Smooth idle desired.  The car has power brakes so vacuum to run that.  Likely 3:50 or 3:77 rear gears with automatic trans.
  The easy thing would be to run the 67 GT 390 cam like Tasca Ford used back then, BUT, I'd like to use a roller cam.
  So, any advice will be welcome.  Thanks

I would still talk to your supplier / engine builder and go with their recommendation based on your specific needs / wants

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: crossboss on July 27, 2022, 01:53:14 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on July 26, 2022, 07:15:28 AM

shelbydoug
You need to seek help. You hijack the threads with comments of violence and death like these:

"Iranian's have nothing to do with it. Romans had an opinion on everyone. If they didn't like you, you got crucified.

Actually, that's incorrect. It wasn't Iran then. It was Persia, but no problem. We'll crucify you anyway, just for the Hell of it. Those troops needed to be kept busy. There was only so much burning, looting and raping you could do.

Not quite the same thing as a military excavation exercise."

"I have found that you can't recommend a cam. There is different interpretation of what is meant by various criteria such as "good idle".

If those terms could be standardized, then there would be hope but there is no way that there is a 289 cam that will make it into a 427.

It's just best to stay completely out of the issue. People are violent these days. They could show up at the door with an AR and blame you for all of their dillusions."

"You won't have a chance. The maniac will get you from afar when you least expect it. It doesn't matter how well prepared you are.

You may be crossing the street to get a cone from Mr.Softee but he'll already be on top of the roof waiting for you with a scope and a tripod."
You won't have a chance. The maniac will get you from afar when you least expect it. It doesn't matter how well prepared you are.

"You may be crossing the street to get a cone from Mr.Softee but he'll already be on top of the roof waiting for you with a scope and a tripod."

"Sounds like you've lived a sheltered life? Actually the pain from the hat pins in the voodoo doll are more of an issue since they can get you from distances that a rifle can't reach."

"This is how it looks to me also. The CEO looks more like a suicide/murder pact leader then anything else.

It's one thing to have "vision". It's an entirely different thing to lead the company into a desert mirage."

Hum? With a post like this it is obvious I'm not the one who needs help but I'm not going to debate it. Believe what you want. Discipline others to your own twisted perversions of reality. You will regardless of what reality is. A pity for sure.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Listen to me, I  would still talk to your supplier / engine builder and go with their recommendation based on your specific needs / wants
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert