News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Questions related / out of the new registry.

Started by roddster, April 22, 2022, 03:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roddster

First off, great job.  Next week they'll be asking about when the 2032 registry will arrive, watch.

Questions:
1) On page 18 I've never noticed or heard of this before about the door window upper seal.  Does anyone (Jeff?) have photos of what this is talking about? I'd like to see it.
2) Noticed more than a couple of cars where the text states "not built with tinted glass".  Is this just the rear fastback glass, or all of the glass?  Curious about this.

There might be more questions coming but that is all for now.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on April 22, 2022, 03:39:51 PM
  First off, great job.  Next week they'll be asking about when the 2032 registry will arrive, watch.

Questions:
1) On page 18 I've never noticed or heard of this before about the door window upper seal.  Does anyone (Jeff?) have photos of what this is talking about? I'd like to see it.
2) Noticed more than a couple of cars where the text states "not built with tinted glass".  Is this just the rear fastback glass, or all of the glass?  Curious about this.

67 fastback rear glass comes tinted. I have never heard of a clear version. Does anyone have evidence of clear fastback rear glass?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Questions:

Visual difference is in the shape of the bottom edge of the seal and the location of the one attaching screw. One version has a "flat" bottom and a lower inside screw location and the other has a slight "V" shaped bottom edge and the inner screw is much higher on the door.
Will gather some pictures of the difference
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350DAVE

Questions:

Hi Rod,
Always best to ask me in an email but here goes
1) Jeff answered but I believe JD's article a while back also mentioned it and had photos of each.
2) The cars not built with tinted glass refers to a group of air conditioned cars that should have been built with a tinted windshield and tinted side glass but did not receive it. To my knowledge all fastbacks came with tinted rear glass.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

J_Speegle

67  was the first year where this seal was integrated with the door weather strip
Below is a picture of the two versions early and late. As far as the change over at San Jose still to be determined, if possible, exactly or close to that :)

The MPC states Dec 15th but we know those are typically not exact of the same day as all the plants especially on a change that is independent from other items

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JD

^ Jeff posted good images, here's another...

(If interested there is a 15 page article with images regarding many '67 Running Changes (more have been brought to light since) in the 2013 Fall issue of The Shelby American.  Members can look at the 3-part article by going to the members area and the "Club Publications" and scroll to the "Archives" and then to the 2013 Fall issue, the cover has a Cobra in the snow)

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

rmarble57

Finally received my 2022 1967 Shelby Registry and am pleased to announce that mine has all the right pages in all the right place.
Very nicely done.  Thanks to the Team that toiled over this version.

After going from one end to the other, I did notice something that I didn't know or didn't realize and that is that it states that all cars left the factory with "Open" rear ends and I was under the assumption that all GT350's came with 3.89 gears with Trac-Lok differentials.   

Am I to assume that the differentials were changed out once the "Mustangs" were delivered to Shelby? 

Thanks in advance.
Caretaker 1967 Shelby GT350 #23

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rmarble57 on April 26, 2022, 05:54:28 PM
Finally received my 2022 1967 Shelby Registry and am pleased to announce that mine has all the right pages in all the right place.
Very nicely done.  Thanks to the Team that toiled over this version.

After going from one end to the other, I did notice something that I didn't know or didn't realize and that is that it states that all cars left the factory with "Open" rear ends and I was under the assumption that all GT350's came with 3.89 gears with Trac-Lok differentials.   

Am I to assume that the differentials were changed out once the "Mustangs" were delivered to Shelby? 

Thanks in advance.
Caretaker 1967 Shelby GT350 #23
In was decided based on SA/Ford  factory memos starting in 66 production that if a owner wanted a traction lock type differential that he could have the dealer install it instead.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

I was disappointed to find that out too. Couldn't believe Shelby went from Lockers to Open as standard - really, it's a Shelby!

Bought another diff with the traction-lok installed it and just set the original aside.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0