News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Back "Live" for 4/24/2022 - Walk MS - please help - annual fundraising

Started by mark p, April 11, 2022, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

I hope that this finds you safe and healthy. The National MS Society has cleared the way for a return to "in-person" Walk events this year, after the last 2 years of "virtual" walking.
As many of you know, my wife has been hit hard by Multiple Sclerosis. Nancy was diagnosed back in the mid-90s while still in her 30's, and it continues to worsen.
For anyone that isn't familiar, this is a nasty disease that is mainly found in women ages about 25 to 50. There is no current prevention or cure.
There is plenty of further info on the National MS Society website, if you'd like to learn more.
The thing that stands out to me the most is the need for research $$...That is the reason I fundraise by doing the Walk MS event once per year.
To make a donation - Simply click on the link below, or contact me directly.
Thumbs up to those who have already donated - you know who you are  8) (if you helped in other years, you should have an email - maybe in "junk" folder?)
Click here to visit my personal fundraising page for 2022:
https://mssociety.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=88209
We're grateful that SAAC members have been extremely generous in the past, and are hoping for more of the same  :)
Any donations will be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks, Mark
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

I'm giving this one more bump - there was a flurry of posts in the Lounge, and this got buried pretty quickly last week...
Our Walk is exactly one week from Easter... if I recall those 1960's era radio ads accurately - they screamed, "SUNDAY-SUNDAY-SUNDAY"  :o :o :o about the racing at Atco Dragway and the others in this general area.
I'm hoping to get in a full-distance practice walk in the next couple of days.
Does anyone else want "in" on donations?
Thanks, Mark
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

TA Coupe

My wife and I have been taking care of her sister with MS for 13.5 years. The only thing she can do is barely feed herself. She also has some alzheimers and dementia and I can only understand about 10 percent of what she tries to say.  She also has the mental abilities of about a 5 year old, so I understand your pain. I will go to your link and donate.

Good luck,  Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

mark p

Thanks Roy.
Nancy is still in far better condition than your sister-in-law... you seem to be seeing about the worst end of the spectrum - sorry to hear  :(

That disease sucks.I worked for an actress with M.S. (Madelyn Rhue  R.I.P.)shortly after I graduated from college.When I started working for her she could still drive and walk with a cane.and still work.When I stopped working for her she was in an electrical wheelchair and couldn't really work anymore.Through stuff I did with the M.S. society I also met a number of younger people with early onset symptoms.A really cruel and unfair condition which is under researched in my book.The progression can be unpredictable too,which is awful.This disease needs to be eradicated.

mark p

We had a gorgeous weather day yesterday for our "walk in the park".
It seems as tho the NMSS is sort  of feeling their way back from the pandemic... things were somewhat more subdued, route shortened, less personnel on site and so forth.
Instead of 3 x 1 mile loop... we had more like 6 x 1/2 mile loop. Not many in the crowd seemed to want to walk 6 laps  ???
I started wondering if "Mark" is latin for "stubborn"... "Captain Mark", myself, and his 2 brothers were still working our way thru the laps - and the volunteers were ready to take down the finish line arch  :o
Thanks again to all supporters - and yes - you can still donate if you'd like.
Team photo, includes 4 generations of Leiperts:

Finish Line shot: