News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1958 Hertz Rental Car Wall Clock

Started by SHELB66, May 02, 2022, 08:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHELB66

I saw this on eBay and placed a late bid in hopes of adding it to my garage wall.  I won the auction right before leaving on a 9 day vacation to visit our grandkids.  This was waiting for me upon our arrival back home.  It's from 1958 and is complete with the outer glass cover.  There is a partial crack on the inner glass HERTZ plate which is only noticeable at certain angles.  It utilizes a Pam clock that keeps perfect time!  All I did was remove the outer stainless ring to clean and polish.  I bought a couple of socket adapters to enable use of the smaller night lite style bulbs.  I wound up using 2 x 10watt LED bulbs which run super cool and provide plenty of light.  I was very happy to find one of these clocks.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bitchin.amazing it survived in such great condition. 8)

GT350Lad

Really cool. I want one for my garage
Thanks for sharing
6S373
6S1276

hertzz350

I saw that clock and almost bid on it. The crack made me think twice. Nice looking clock!
current owner of 6s689
Previous owner of 6s1855 ,6s1297,6s731

6S1568

Nice find Craig! Happy for you that it's in working condition too.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert