News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby Hertz May 9, 2022

Started by FL SAAC, May 04, 2022, 07:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

No helmet or roll bars required.  So who will be the first with track time? 8)

Side-Oilers

Don, let's all get together and rent them all at once, for the ultimate Shelby Showdown at Willow Springs or other fun road course. 

I wonder if there's an extra return charge for bald tires and fried brakes?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Don Johnston

Hmmm, rental locations do not seem to be anywhere near event locations like Indy or where NorCal likes to play.  A bit suspicious.  ::)

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Side-Oilers on May 12, 2022, 06:44:38 PM
Don, let's all get together and rent them all at once, for the ultimate Shelby Showdown at Willow Springs or other fun road course. 

I wonder what they'll say when you show up with a trailer so you can save the mileage fee on the way to the track. Don't forget the tinfoil to blind the GPS antenna. I wonder if they'll scan the OBDII on return to check the top speed.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 13, 2022, 01:26:17 PM

I wonder what they'll say when you show up with a trailer so you can save the mileage fee on the way to the track. Don't forget the tinfoil to blind the GPS antenna. I wonder if they'll scan the OBDII on return to check the top speed.

Big brother IS watching. Im confidant when you rent this car, there will be disclosures on racing/abuse/speeding, etc. By signing the contract, your on the hook for any damages, and possible fines, etc. When I rented a car for a trip to Texas last year, I unknowingly drove on a toll road. Later, at home two weeks later I received a 'ticket' for 16 bucks. IF I did not pay it, my Nevada drivers license would be compromised. Of course I paid it. Lesson learned.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Hertz  had a checklist for the 06 07 16s that was pretty thorough.  Renting this 900 HP beast I assure you that this list will be extensive
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

OBD not your  friend

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on May 13, 2022, 01:55:10 PM

Big brother IS watching. Im confidant when you rent this car, there will be disclosures on racing/abuse/speeding, etc. By signing the contract, your on the hook for any damages, and possible fines, etc. When I rented a car for a trip to Texas last year, I unknowingly drove on a toll road. Later, at home two weeks later I received a 'ticket' for 16 bucks. IF I did not pay it, my Nevada drivers license would be compromised. Of course I paid it. Lesson learned.

You will be driving with an invisible guest monitoring you at all times

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Remember, Ford's SYNC is a monitoring system too. IF you go in for service, and your SYNC tells the dealer you were racing, speeding, etc guess what happens? Warranty VOID.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Don Johnston

So what is joy of paying to drive a 900 HP vehicle unless it is for show(off) and not go?    If you were thinking of spending a $1/4 mil to get the 2022 Shelby KR with the same Shelby design and power, this would be the best investment in full use test drive before purchase.  Not a fun deal for a rental but you can say you always say that you did drive a 900 HP car though you never were able to review its capabilities. 8)

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on May 13, 2022, 06:22:46 PM
So what is joy of paying to drive a 900 HP vehicle unless it is for show(off) and not go?    If you were thinking of spending a $1/4 mil to get the 2022 Shelby KR with the same Shelby design and power, this would be the best investment in full use test drive before purchase.  Not a fun deal for a rental but you can say you always say that you did drive a 900 HP car though you never were able to review its capabilities. 8)

I would rent it for 399 a day, put it on a trailer and take it to car shows, showing everyone that I have the self control not to drive it.....not !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Just noticed that the 450 HP HERTZ hood's are much different than the SIXT Shelby hood's

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

The GT500H hood is completely unique to the others

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

GT500H hood looks like the same used on the Shelby (American) Signature Edition GT500SE. 8)

FL SAAC

Simply lovely

I have all UNGOLD cars