Author Topic: 69 GT500 door speakers  (Read 1093 times)

69 GT500 door speakers
« on: May 15, 2022, 09:42:58 AM »
On the radio cross over harness,  One speaker plug is red (with a red and black wire), and one is black (with a white and black wire). Which goes to which door speaker, or does it matter?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 69 GT500 door speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 10:20:11 AM »
On the radio cross over harness,  One speaker plug is red (with a red and black wire), and one is black (with a white and black wire). Which goes to which door speaker, or does it matter?
On AM FM stereo you could confirm how plugs relate to which door speaker by plugging in ,turn on and tune to a stereo station . Rotating the balance knob clockwise should be for the right speaker and counter clockwise for the left. Adjust your plugs to correspond.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 10:30:47 AM »
I do understand how to do that, it's just that I am assembling the dash frame right now and would prefer not to have to pull the wiring out and reverse the ends after I have the whole dash assembled.  I am simply trying to cut out the extra steps by putting the harness in "backwards". Just hoping for a simple answer.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 04:19:11 PM »
I do understand how to do that, it's just that I am assembling the dash frame right now and would prefer not to have to pull the wiring out and reverse the ends after I have the whole dash assembled.  I am simply trying to cut out the extra steps by putting the harness in "backwards". Just hoping for a simple answer.

Maybe this will help Each loom (Driver and passenger side) has two wires to the speaker. One black and the other one is orange for passenger (RH in the book) and white for driver or (LH in the book)

Source 1969 Wiring and Vacuum Diagram form 7795P-69

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 05:12:21 PM »
Generally speaking, the right side is red or orange. I always have this in my mind when doing electrical: "Right is Red". I also use this on my other applications like right side tires/wheels, springs, suspension, etc, you get the idea. Makes it easy to label/find like an assembly line worker did. Just me.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30