Author Topic: Mid America Meet in Tulsa  (Read 2488 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Mid America Meet in Tulsa
« on: May 23, 2022, 11:28:51 PM »
Heading out to the Mid America Shelby meet in Tulsa in a few weeks
Anyone been there and have any recommendations of can’t miss parts?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Mid America Meet in Tulsa
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 11:53:08 PM »
I will miss Mid America  this year because the SAAC convention in INDY overlaps the Mid America date. Thursday-Sat for SAAC vs. Mid America Wed-Sunday of the same week.  It is too much for me to rush home on Saturday from SAAC just to see the car show on Sunday at Mid America although I know of some people leaving later Friday from INDY to go to Tulsa for Saturday and Sunday. My hats off to those folks. Mid America you really need to go to Hallet on Wed , Thursday or Friday. Thursday night cruise to the Downtown Brady district is a must do with all of the restaurants and bars open and cruise cars parked on the blocked off streets. Saturday the Drag strip opens in the early afternoon until evening. Sunday the car show always has some trick vintage cars show up.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 08:00:09 AM »
Mid-America is an event I also want to someday attend. Too long to drive, but would love to find a way to have a vehicle to track!

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 08:13:48 AM »
I will miss Mid America  this year because the SAAC convention in INDY overlaps the Mid America date. Thursday-Sat for SAAC vs. Mid America Wed-Sunday of the same week.  It is too much for me to rush home on Saturday from SAAC just to see the car show on Sunday at Mid America although I know of some people leaving later Friday from INDY to go to Tulsa for Saturday and Sunday. My hats off to those folks. Mid America you really need to go to Hallet on Wed , Thursday or Friday. Thursday night cruise to the Downtown Brady district is a must do with all of the restaurants and bars open and cruise cars parked on the blocked off streets. Saturday the Drag strip opens in the early afternoon until evening. Sunday the car show always has some trick vintage cars show up.   

Thanks for the heads up on what to do, I’ve only heard that’s can be really hot want to do the Thursday nigh cruise and watch the track events
We are heading out in Weds and leaving after the car show on Sunday
Then heading for Simeone Museum show the next Saturday
Try to fill the summer up with a lot of shows
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on what to do, I’ve only heard that’s can be really hot want to do the Thursday nigh cruise and watch the track events
We are heading out in Weds and leaving after the car show on Sunday
Then heading for Simeone Museum show the next Saturday
Try to fill the summer up with a lot of shows

Steve - I'm running a Shelby Track day at Pocono North on Thursday, June 2. Come on up!!!

Dan

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 12:39:07 PM »
Dan,
I am dropping my car off at Carlisle on Wednesday so have Thursday free. Is the Pocono event something I could just drop into to watch for awhile? That could be a lot of fun. What time is that event taking place?
Corey

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »
Sorry to say I won’t be making it to Tulsa for the show. It’s on my bucket list and I thought this would be the year, but sadly gas at $5.00 a gallon makes it a little (well actually a lot) over my budget for the trip
Maybe next year

cj750

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 02:43:38 AM »
Good video summary of the event, for those that couldn't be there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45nm6l_YYY&t=301s&ab_channel=REVanEvan
Every post I make comes with an implied request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 09:49:59 AM »
Thanks, nice video