Author Topic: CSX7080 for sale on BaT  (Read 702 times)

cobramike

• SAAC Member
  • CSX4836 & CSX7080
    • View Profile
CSX7080 for sale on BaT
« on: May 25, 2022, 05:39:12 PM »
I thought I would mention that my 7000 Series 289 FIA Cobra is currently for sale on Bring a Trailer. Here is a link to the listing. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2017-shelby-csx-7000-continuation-cobra-289-fia/ . I know it's not a Shelby Mustang, but I know many of you also have Continuation Series Cobras too. I've been a SAAC member since the early 80's when I owned a red 66 GT350, SFM6S1007, and a red 1970 GT500 Super Cobra Jet Drag Pack car. I'm always amazed at the wealth of information offered on this site. Perhaps some other member might find this car to their liking. The rolling chassis and drivetrain installation was handled by Jim Cowles and his team at Shelby Parts and Restoration during the 2014-2017 timeframe. I know Jim passed away early last year and we lost a great man for the hobby. Jesse Bourdeau, one of his assistants, is still working there with the new owner. If interested please read the details I listed in the comments section of the listing to see and hear about all of the things to make this car unique and a very fitting tribute to CSX2323 one of the 5 original FIA cars. Bob Gaines and Vern Estes are both familiar with the car and have seen it at both the 2017 National SAAC Convention at Indy where it took 1st place in the popular vote for Continuation Cobras, and at the Mid America Shelby and Ford meet a couple times. The car dyno'd at 557hp, has the period correct Cobra aluminum intake and 48 IDA Webers, a 6-bolt Cobra scattershield, the correct irridium tipped toggle switches, a painted aluminum dash rather than the factory leather covered dash, and a blueprinted concours restored T10L aluminum close ratio 4-speed transmission. Jim added the auxiliary fuel tank in the trunk like the original car and the correct brass tank switch on the floor. The car currently shows 476 miles and I am the original owner and ordered it new. The auction ends Tuesday the 31st and I know someone will be able to get a great car and skip the multi year wait for a new one. PM me if you have any questions about the car. Thanks for your time.

Mike McGinley
Mike McGinley

cobramike

• SAAC Member
  • CSX4836 & CSX7080
    • View Profile
Re: CSX7080 for sale on BaT
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 05:41:20 PM »
Here are a couple of additional shots.

Mike McGinley
Mike McGinley