News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Dennis Collins now claims his 67 mustang is 1477 - Dave?

Started by 427hunter, May 27, 2022, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: Harris Speedster on May 28, 2022, 01:28:06 PMISN'T there a picture of this 67 race car when it was black in a SAAC topic to refresh memories? maybe page 6,  Shelby #1444 one in Chicago race car>> topic header?

Believe you may be referring to a series of pictures from the past. Looks like they just removed the primer layer as I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread
Earlier thread location mentioned in the next post

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 28, 2022, 01:35:43 PM
If the data that the 67 Registrar has indicates that the sheet metal mfg dates are too early for 1444, then presuming that 1777 is an even newer car, how can the sheet metal dates be about correct for it?

Don't believe that the Registrar indicated that the sheet metal dates were too in earlier posts in any of his earlier posts.  Could have missed it and maybe someone can find one that does - I would be grateful. Just trying to keep things accurate :) Did his post, shown below, that mentions "characteristics" very different things in my understanding and after doing my fair share of these puzzles

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: shelby # 1444 ?, one in chicago, race car
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 06:36:16 PM »

Quote:

They picked a number out of the Registry in order to sell it. The number they picked has a San Jose date of 3/15/67 and a Shelby completion date of 4/5/67. The characteristics of the rear clip do not match these dates. It was definitely the wrong number.. Unfortunately the buyer did not check with the 67 Registrar. All is not lost if he can find racing history for it. We are hopeful he is successful at finding that history.

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=17596.75
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: J_Speegle on May 28, 2022, 10:22:05 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on May 28, 2022, 01:35:43 PM
If the data that the 67 Registrar has indicates that the sheet metal mfg dates are too early for 1444, then presuming that 1777 is an even newer car, how can the sheet metal dates be about correct for it?

Don't believe that the Registrar indicated that the sheet metal dates were too in earlier posts in any of his earlier posts.  Could have missed it and maybe someone can find one that does - I would be grateful. Just trying to keep things accurate :) Did his post, shown below, that mentions "characteristics" very different things in my understanding and after doing my fair share of these puzzles

Re: shelby # 1444 ?, one in chicago, race car
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 06:36:16 PM »

Quote:

They picked a number out of the Registry in order to sell it. The number they picked has a San Jose date of 3/15/67 and a Shelby completion date of 4/5/67. The characteristics of the rear clip do not match these dates. It was definitely the wrong number.. Unfortunately the buyer did not check with the 67 Registrar. All is not lost if he can find racing history for it. We are hopeful he is successful at finding that history.

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=17596.75

My goof there were a few shots of the sheet metal dates posted that along with "characteristics of the rear clip do not match these dates" and the OP noting that trans was from later car that would not have those characteristics led me to tie it to the date stamp.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427hunter

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/gallery/17/6-280522220403-174021984.jpeg

The first problem with this photo is the white paint meets where factory style roof vents would be not Shelby roof scoops - now magically the white paint issue is correct, buyer beware!
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

J_Speegle

Quote from: 427hunter on May 29, 2022, 01:37:43 AM

The first problem with this photo is the white paint meets where factory style roof vents would be not Shelby roof scoops - now magically the white paint issue is correct, buyer beware!

Not sure why there is red oxide in the picture other than the possibility that whom every removed the black went to far and through the white in that area getting a little carried away. The Shelby scoop hides or covers the complete area where the factory vent cover was on a Mustang. The exterior color didn't typically stop at the edge of the opening (without the scoop or vent cover) but instead the paint was applied over everything there so you wouldn't see red oxide on either a Mustang or Shelby in that area. The louvered vents were not attached when the body or vents were attached to one another No difference in that area of the car.

Basically the same practice as was done to the area for the lower side scoops.

Coralsnake

It appears this photo, shown in the video, was taken from the internet.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT350-FASTBACK-43329

It's unfortunate some peoples agendas are getting the better of them.

shelbydoug

As a recent former member of that 67 Shelby Facebook group, I can tell you that the Administrator of it indicated to me that the "expert advisor" did look at the sheetmetal dates, compare them to the Ford build date, the Shelby build date and decided that the five week difference was "right in the ballpark for 1444".

He also indicated that the transmission IS original to the car. ;)

He mentioned the intent to stir a debate about the subject, 1444, yet rejected the term of "taking sides" while admitting his non-agreement with mine and Dave's views. Then in a private memo, threatened that if I continued with my "snarky criticisms" he would remove access to the "members thread".

I saved him the effort.

It makes sense that there might be a remote association with TV program hosts here? Many actually think that they know something or can influence the public that they do and we should follow their line of thinking, even after their show is cancelled for poor ratings?

I personally don't adhere to the theory that I can prescribe horse de-worming medications for Covid treatments just because I played a doctor on a TV program?

No. I know better because I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night.

Unfortunately Little Abner and Dogpatch itself hasn't got the electricity yet so they consult with the pigs who I am told are actually highly intelligent? I always thought Arnold Ziffell should run for office. At least the Senate? He probably could win in that state. There are already examples that are in office and have been re-elected several times.

It really shouldn't be that I am categorized as one of the "coastal intellectuals" that don't understand the real America. That really isn't true. I can get down in the mud and wrestle with the pigs too but that doesn't really seem to be the point, just the results.

Calling attention to that '67 Mustang seems counter productive to the owner? It just illustrates to an ever growing  group that the thing is basically a pariah and shows that anyone associated with it is as well or should be considered as one?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Interesting the video is not available this morning.

Royce Peterson

Works fine here. Wish I had the time back that it took to watch it.

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 29, 2022, 08:31:53 AM
Interesting the video is not available this morning.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Coralsnake

427hunter

Quote from: J_Speegle on May 29, 2022, 04:26:03 AM
Quote from: 427hunter on May 29, 2022, 01:37:43 AM

Not sure why there is red oxide in the picture other than the possibility that whom every removed the black went to far and through the white in that area getting a little carried away. The Shelby scoop hides or covers the complete area where the factory vent cover was on a Mustang. The exterior color didn't typically stop at the edge of the opening (without the scoop or vent cover) but instead the paint was applied over everything there so you wouldn't see red oxide on either a Mustang or Shelby in that area. The louvered vents were not attached when the body or vents were attached to one another No difference in that area of the car.

Basically the same practice as was done to the area for the lower side scoops.

Poorly worded on my part, they are faking the distressed white paint all over the car to make it look like a survivor, based on all the faking going on I am not even sure it was a white car. I apricate the photo and the information on the scoop fitment, thanks J!

P.S. I have no dog in the fight, this just looks like they are producing a distressed fake in front of our eyes. If it turn out this is 1477 they cast a big shadow over it with all the fake parts, paint, and B.S.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Bill

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 29, 2022, 08:22:22 AM
As a recent former member of that 67 Shelby Facebook group, I can tell you that the Administrator of it indicated to me that the "expert advisor" did look at the sheetmetal dates, compare them to the Ford build date, the Shelby build date and decided that the five week difference was "right in the ballpark for 1444".

He mentioned the intent to stir a debate about the subject, 1444, yet rejected the term of "taking sides" while admitting his non-agreement with mine and Dave's views. Then in a private memo, threatened that if I continued with my "snarky criticisms" he would remove access to the "members thread".

I saved him the effort.

It makes sense that there might be a remote association with TV program hosts here? Many actually think that they know something or can influence the public that they do and we should follow their line of thinking, even after their show is cancelled for poor ratings?

I personally don't adhere to the theory that I can prescribe horse de-worming medications for Covid treatments just because I played a doctor on a TV program?

Unfortunately Little Abner and Dogpatch itself hasn't got the electricity yet so they consult with the pigs who I am told are actually highly intelligent? I always thought Arnold Ziffell should run for office. At least the Senate? He probably could win in that state. There are already examples that are in office and have been re-elected several times.

It really shouldn't be that I am categorized as one of the "coastal intellectuals" that don't understand the real America. That really isn't true. I can get down in the mud and wrestle with the pigs too but that doesn't really seem to be the point, just the results.

Calling attention to that '67 Mustang seems counter productive to the owner? It just illustrates to an ever growing  group that the thing is basically a pariah and shows that anyone associated with it is as well or should be considered as one?

As with everything else in todays world, healthy debate is only allowed when it fits with a specific narrative. Question that narrative during the healthy debate, and that is when noses get bent out of shape, feathers get ruffled, and threats, idle or otherwise are produced, thus ending the healthy debate. I've had such negative experiences, as I too did not drink the Kool Aid being handed to me in the paper cup. Sad, but true.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

daltondavid

I think we should all get a cup of Coffee and walk away from the Snake oil Dennis is selling here. Bottom line here in my opinion No vin stamped in the car, it's a Holy grail collection of stories and parts. It is however a cool looking old school drag car. I wonder why they replaced the Shelby steering wheel with a J.C. Whitney wood wheel? Probably because it never had one......
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

6s2055

When did '67 Shelby's ever have a hood with no scoops or ever fit that right as in the prime red photo?🤔

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bill on May 29, 2022, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on May 29, 2022, 08:22:22 AM

I saved him the effort.

As with everything else in todays world, healthy debate is only allowed when it fits with a specific narrative. Question that narrative during the healthy debate, and that is when noses get bent out of shape, feathers get ruffled, and threats, idle or otherwise are produced, thus ending the healthy debate. I've had such negative experiences, as I too did not drink the Kool Aid being handed to me in the paper cup. Sad, but true.

Bill

I don't see it as a debate. It is a mono log with only one lecturer. If you disagree with the lecturer, you are censored.

It's not my issue. The car is simply damaged goods few if any will be interested in.

Why draw everyones attention to it at all?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!