News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

At least the seller was honest!

Started by stephen_becker, May 25, 2018, 03:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjspeed

1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

Sounds like Leno's material writing style?  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Strangely enough I want to buy it after reading the description. I think it's just needs a little TLC and boatload of money
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

Wait...does it look like or did it say it smelled like Rosey was living in it for a week? Where's the bathroom?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

I may have to bid - cheapest Shelby on the planet. Maybe turn it into a dry lake runner with a couple turbos.

The Shelby Dakota was a limited-production performance version of the Dodge Dakota Sport pickup truck. Offered by Shelby for 1989 only, it was his first rear wheel drive vehicle in many years.

The Shelby Dakota started with a short-wheelbase, short-bed, standard-cab pickup. The 3.9 L V6 was removed in favor of the company's 5.2 L V8 with throttle-body injection. On paper, the swap looked simple since both engines were similar, but the tight space in the Dakota's engine compartment meant removing the engine-driven fan in front and using electric ones instead. Removing the belt-driven fan increased the stock 5.2L V8's output by 5 hp (3.7 kW) up (to 175 hp) but torque was 270 ft⋅lbf (370 N⋅m).

Special wheels and trim, as well as individually numbered dash plaques proclaimed the car's heritage. At the time, it was the highest-performing pickup truck in existence, except for the Dodge Li'l Red Express Truck, and would set the stage for later factory efforts like the GMC Syclone and Ford Lightning. Total Production: 1475. 480 in white and 995 in red. 1 was made in two-tone with red below the stripe and white above the stripe. List price was $15,813 plus freight.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tooeys

It was worth $200.00 just to read that.
I think the guy is an advertising Genius.
Look how much play he has gotten already on this just from us.?

6S1568

After reading the write-up, I hope it sells.

Doug C

It's 20 miles from my home - think it'll make the 20 miles?

5s386

If only all Shelby sellers were that honest.......honestly.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Let's trade him some cinder blocks or buckets of sea water.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

Biggie
work that deal and I supply plenty of fresh sea water

Quote from: Bigfoot on May 25, 2018, 08:46:06 PM
Let's trade him some cinder blocks or buckets of sea water.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI