News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Goodyear Polyglas E70-15 Tire Identification

Started by WT6066-2600, June 07, 2022, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT6066-2600

Removed these tires from MAGSTAR wheels in the 80s and definitely not for use anyone (wall art?).  Were they period correct for 67 Shelbys?

The mfrg code on the 1st and 2nd tire is on the raised letter side but the third tire is on the opposite side of the raised letters. 
thanks

Coralsnake

1967 Shelbys did not have the size in white letters
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

honker

thanks for posting, here's a couple for reference I shot at Sud Auto in Montreal Quebec, summer of '67, I posted these on the forum before.

Did some cars have the tire size in white as well ? did it depend on when the car was produced ?

Well, Coralsnake answered that  ;)

Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 07, 2022, 09:14:24 PM
1967 Shelbys did not have the size in white letters
Nor were they Polyglas identified.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

WT6066-2600

Thanks for the education, they will be added to the recycling pile.

daltondavid

Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

WT6066-2600

Don't want to just throw away but don't have any ideas.

WT6066-2600

I am positive the ladies in the house will go for this one, thanks

daltondavid

Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

TA Coupe

I have over 100 tires to get rid of and I'm thinking about about making some tables for my man caves out of some of them. I'm thinking about getting a large piece of plastic to put on top of a few rows of them and then putting a bunch of old decals on it with another piece of plastic covering that and having that as one of the tables. Here's a few pics of some cool decals and other things and some pics of some of the tires.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.